“we loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Robertson's Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Robertson's Cottages
You added Robertson's Cottages to your Saves list
4481 Cabots Point Rd, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235   |
Madison, Wisconsin
“we loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We loved our visit to the Robertson's cottages this summer and found all the amenities brillient. Coming form Ireland it was great to have relaxed and friendly hosts who could not have been more helpful. We arrived very late at night but it wasn't a problem, the family helped sort us out with the pontoon boat and after a brief lesson (very trusting!) on how to drive it we set off for the island. Over the next few days we had a fantastic time. The cottage wasn't fancy, but it was clean and cosy and our first nights bon fire had been build for us! The over all ambience was easy going and relaxed and hurray the dog was welcome. We loved the sail boat with John Junior, even though there was no wind (!) the views and the craic and we are hoping to find time to return before we leave for home next year.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

My family has been staying at Robertson's cottages for over forty years. We have stayed in quite a few of the cottages over the years and make an annual trip every June for two weeks. This past June my wife and I celebrated our seven year anniversary on the island. We were married in June of 2003 on the dock at Sunset cottage. I proposed the year before on the other side of the island at Sunrise cottage, which we stayed in that year. Every cottage at Robertson's is unique. We have always enjoyed staying at Robertson's cottages. The other families that stay there in June are like an extended family. Just like Beth and John Yount. My wife loves that John Sr. walked her down the
aisle at our wedding. The fishing is great and sight seeing in Door County. We look forward to our annual trip in June. I have gone in the fall several times and the fall colors are awesome just like the sunsets.

Eindhoven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

Our stay on Idlewild Island was one of the highlights of our trip to the Great Lakes. We have never had a warmer welcome than the one we received from Beth, John and John, Jr. They even lent us their small sailboat (built locally in the 1950s) to explore Sawyer Harbor and Sturgeon Bay. We loved the peace and quiet and the gorgeous views of Potawatomi State Park. Sunrise Cottage has everything you need. It's a truly unique place. It may not be luxurious, but Beth and John offered such great service and personal attention that it will be a long time before we forget our stay.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

You could say I grew up at Robertson's Cottages, having cumulatively spent about one year of my life at these cottages by the time I turned 18. Having experienced the cottages as a child and as an adult, with family, or with a girl friend and now a spouse I have a unique perspective of the charm and unique service provided. Robertson's Cottages to me is the perfect getaway from living in the big city (Chicago) where most of my time is spent.

First off, management is top notch and will do anything to make sure you enjoy yourselves and they will treat you like family. I can't count the number of times our boats had issues that the owners were quick to resolve or find assistance, or when I ran out of gas miles away and they sent rescue just before a big storm hit. They are also extremely pet friendly, whether it be for a full size Collie or a Yorkie.

The cottages themselves, are rustic, and a real throwback to simpler times. When you are in Door County you should be (1) enjoying the outdoors, and if that is not an option (2) enjoying the company of who you are with. Some of the most memorable moments in my life come from playing cards or games with family and friends or sharing stories with other guest at a campfire or while catching some sun on the dock.

The cottages are located on a peninsula on a peninsula, known as Idylewild. Sitting on picturesque Sawyer Harbor offering boating access to Green Bay, Sturgeon Bay and Lake Michigan. Idylewild is not overcrowded or overdeveloped and is mostly a wooded area with a few cottages / 2nd homes tucked away into the natural landscape...yet you are only a 10-15 minute drive into the Town of Sturgeon Bay for any services you should require.

The local area offers a number of activities to keep a family or couple busy, whether it be biking, hiking, fishing, boating, shopping the touristy areas of Door County.

The best recommendation is a repeat visit and I have continued to visit Robertson's for the 31 years of my life. For those seeking the comforts of the Ritz Carlton, keep in mind these are rustic cottages where you will be taking care of yourself, that being said none of the luxury hotels I have stayed in (Beverly Wilshire, Beverly Hills; Turtle Creek, Dallas; Le Meridian, NYC; The Clift, San Francisco, etc.) have provided as much enjoyment as my time spent at Robertson's.

Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

For over 30 years, my family has been staying at Robertson's during the summer and the fall. Owners are like family. Cottages are throw-backs to simpler times which is part of the charm. Location is great for those that like peace and quiet. Great place for creating cherished family memories because you can get back to the basics.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Crestwood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

The people that run and own this magical place called Robertson's Cottages are the biggest reason why I call it my home away from home. It is nestled at the end of a road on a lake with a big dock and natural beauty right outside my door. The kindness, friendliness, and thoughtfulness of the owners and the families that stay here makes me feel like I am in Mayberry. It is truly a place to go to relax and enjoy your family and friends.
Many of our families best memories have been at Robertson's Cottages. Three generations of our family can't get enough of this special place and the people who are there with us. I've traveled all over the world but nothing can hold a candle to Robertson's Cottages~The best little secret in Door County!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Montgomery, IL,USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

I have been going to Robertson's Cottages with my brother and sister-in-law and their friends for about 5 years now. They have been going for at least 8 years. We always go up to Sturgeon Bay and stay at the Robertson's Cottages for the long Columbus Day weekend. The cottage is so charming, John and Beth have added so many decorative touches, and have made improvements every year. We all look forward to see what has been added since our last visit! A couple of years ago, they added a screened-in porch to the cottage we stay in. We have so enjoyed sitting out there relaxing. I especially like sitting out there first thing in the morning enjoying the view of the bay with my first cup of coffee. Now, that's what I'm tallking about! It doesn't get much more relaxing than that. This year, they put all new queen size box springs and mattresses in the cottages. Sooooo comfy! Over the years, new carpeting has been added, new appliances, new furnace, new tile floors. There have been so many additions, I am probably forgetting many of them. The cottages are always neat and clean. Our particular cottage has 3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen and 1 bathroom. There is a fireplace (which we use every year) to enjoy cozy fires in the evening. Robertson's cottages is the best place to stay to enjoy all of what Door County, Wisconsin has to offer, whether it be sightseeing the colorful foliage, antiqueing, shopping, or just taking a drive. We so look forward to going there every October - it is the highlight of our Autumn experiences.
Mary Krozel
Montgomery, IL 60538-2011

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Robertson's Cottages? Share your experiences!