“Great food, good value, wonderful service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery
Stoughton, Wisconsin
“Great food, good value, wonderful service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My daughter and I visited El Rio Grande once a week while she was at home with the intent to try something different each week. I'm not an adventurous eater, but found something delicious each and every time. When I couldn't choose, the owner was happy to advise! The servers always have a smile on their face and are eager to please.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

STOUGHTON
“THE BEST AROUND!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Everything here is great. We love the Acapulco chimichanga. We often have this delivered and it is so big that one feeds both of us!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stoughton, Wisconsin, United States
“Yummy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food, great service. Prices are reasonable. Margaritas are large and what a margarita should be!

Visited October 2013
Stoughton, Wisconsin
“If you like "American" Mexican food you will probably like Rio Grande”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stopped after an event in Stoughton to see if the food was good or not. We have only lived in Stoughton about 6 months so we ahdn't been in yet. There were 6 of us, including 2 CIA trained chefs and no one was excited by any of the food, other than the chips and salsa!

If you like Americanized Mexican food - big portions of chimis, enchiladas, etc, smothered in cheese sauce then you will probably like this. it seems like all the other typical Mexican restaurants found in the northern U.S. with the same old menu items. The steak in the burrito had an odd flavor that no one could put their finger on but it was not good, and everything was quite "pedestrian". If you are looking for an authentic Mexican restaurant or one that might serve some nuevo Mexican this is not the place.

i doubt any of us would return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Deerfield, Wisconsin
“Mouth Watering, period!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have eaten at this place at least 15 times in the past few years, I live about 30 minutes away, but make a special trip there to eat. The food is awesome.....no complaints. I try something different each time I go and each time I am blown away. The refried beans are AWESOME, I don't know what they put in them, but I could just eat those. The mole sauce is the best. The ingredients are FRESH and cooked to perfection. The chips and salsa are so perfect that I fill up on them before the meal arrives that I end up only eating half of it and boxing up the rest and have it for another meal later. We have talked to the owner, he took our order, and he is so passionate about his place and the food he serves, he said "I always say, if I wouldn't serve this to my Mother then I wouldn't serve it"......end of story.....good food.....good people.....give them a try and give them you business.

• Visited September 2013