“Very relaxing, GREAT SERVICE, Beautiful Rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Victorian Swan on Water

A Victorian Swan on Water
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stevens Point
A Victorian Swan on Water
You added A Victorian Swan on Water to your Saves list
1716 Water Street, Stevens Point, WI 54481   |
Central WI
“Very relaxing, GREAT SERVICE, Beautiful Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

Very Contradictory to the first NEGATIVE review... I had a wonderful time. Both my Finance and I thought that our stay was more than wonderful, and plan to return when the snow flys to enjoy the warmth of the sauna room or maybe even the whirlpool room. My Fiance and I live about 20 minutes outside of town and we believe that this visit was better than many of the vacations we have taken accross the country, including the many resorts and vacation homes we have stayed in.

The innkeeper provided us with a fresh glass of water when we arrived, and also made dinner reservations for us. After we returned from dinner, she made us both a dessert and brought it up to our room. We finished with our dessert somewhere between 8:30 and 9, and despite how late it was she also provided us with complementary glasses of wine as well! In the morning, we had breakfast somewhere around 9am. Both her signature "turtle" french toast and coffee were amazing. Not only was the breakfast top notch, I also really enjoyed her company while we relaxed and sipped on our coffee!

As Far as the rooms go... they were EXTREEMELY clean!!! I tend to have bathroom phobia, and the thought of someone else's germs always creeps me out! However, each and every room was clean beyond my standards!!! Just the rooms alone are worth the price in staying, not to mention all the customer service and complimentary items that go along with it!! If you are looking for a beautiful stay with GREAT service, this is the place to stay!!!! We plan to make it a point to return every 6 months or so, because we enjoyed ourselves so much!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I couldn't disagree more with the previous review. In fact, I needed to leave early (on a Sunday no less) and the inn-keeper not only had a hot cup of YUMMY coffee ready by 7 am but whipped up an awesome breakfast of 'turtle' french-toast. Yes, there was another couple staying during my time there ... but I didn't see them at the breakfast table, so I assume there must have been 2 breakfast "sittings". The inn was clean n' cozy. I would highly recommend for leisure or biz travelers.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

The Web site looks great, but I'd choose one of the other B&Bs in Stevens Point if you're looking for a nice getaway. The house is a bit shabby, but clean, the location is less than ideal, and the worst thing about this place is the innkeeper.

She informed us when we arrived that she only wanted to "make one breakfast" so was trying to coordinate a time w/all the guests. I was kinda thinking that we were paying her, rather than staying in her house as a guest when considering what's convenient for the hostess would be appropriate. If you operate a B&B, probably best to be accomodating rather than do what's easiest for you. We said 8 a.m. would be good for us, though she noted that coffee could be provided earlier than breakfast. I asked her to have it ready by 6:30 and she said something along the lines of "we'll see."

After a crappy night's sleep, we went for a run before breakfast and let her know we'd be late. "I'm German, so I'm punctual," she said. Well, I'm German too but I'm on vacation and I'm paying you, so it's not really important that I'm punctual--wish I had said this, but I really am not interested in getting into it when I'm trying to enjoy our stay.

I'm sure she's a nice person, but it was one passive agressive comment after another with her. If you want a Martha Stewart-like attitude without the quality, then this is your place. Her cooking is just fine and she's considerate about asking whether you won't eat anything, but she's far from welcoming and she may be helpful here and there, she quickly makes you forget with a negative or downright rude quip. I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to A Victorian Swan on Water? Share your experiences!