“Great location and hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Victorian Swan on Water

A Victorian Swan on Water
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stevens Point
A Victorian Swan on Water
Save Saved
You added A Victorian Swan on Water to your Saves list
1716 Water Street, Stevens Point, WI 54481   |
Gainesville, Florida
“Great location and hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have stayed here several years in a row while visiting family. The rooms are attractive and comfortable and the hospitality outstanding.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Lovely property...well suited for a romantic getaway! When you compare the prices here with those of the national chains in the same town, this wins hands down! Lots of charm and romantic ambience!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Jackson, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

We stayed here for our anniversary. We have always said that a Bed and Breakfast was better then a hotel. This place was by far the best. From the moment we arrived Joan greeted us, and made us feel at home right away. I had a massage that was done by Allen. I highly recommend this. It was so great. He does a simply amazing job. I was very impressed. We stayed in the JP Rothman suite. I would suggest staying in this room. We had a whirlpool bath, and a fire place. It was blissful!

Joan suggested we go to the Silver Couch for dinner. It was very good. Joan prepared our breakfast in the morning, which was great. Our time spent at the Victorian Swan was amazing. I would go back again. If you are looking for a place to get away and escape from everyday life, I would highly recommend staying here.

• Liked — great converstation, great location, and romantic!
  • Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Saint Paul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

We were travelling across Wisconsin with no particular plans and thought Stevens Points would be our stop for the night. We grabbed a copy of the WI B&B Association booklet and found three possibilities for SP. We called ahead , spoke with the owners and selected the Swan.
It was a Wednesday night so, we could have chosen any of them. Our room was super clean the bed comfortable, and we had our own balcony off the room. (and this is the least expensive room!).

We were a short walk to a decent independent restaurant, and after dinner walked through the neighborhood. After which we enjoyed a few beers sitting out on the balcony - wonderfully relaxing after a day of driving.

In the morning Joan, the owner, prepared a fresh breakfast and helped us with directions and suggestions for our coming days travel.

I would suggest this B&B to any casual traveller even business travelers sick of the hohum night of the national chains. Live a little!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Westmont, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

I have been traveling to Stevens Point for the past 20 years. I've known Joan Ouellette for at least that long. My husband and I look forward to our yearly visit at A Victorian Swan on Water, not only for the lovely home Joan provides, but mostly for her companionship. Joan is a very interesting woman with so many stories to share, not to mention the wonderful breakfasts she prepares. She is very cordial and accommodating to her guests. When we visit we always sign the guest book in the room we are staying in and I've read many comments by the previous guests, and all have been very pleased with their stay. I recently read the negative comment sent by a recent guest and was shocked at their comments. Those comments are so far from the truth about Joan and her beautiful Victorian Swan on Water. Joan will always have a special place in my heart because one visit we had there, Joan shared her lovely albums of her many trips around the world and her watercolor paintings of her travels. It's because of Joan that I began watercolor painting and she has opened my eyes to a whole new world. I would definitely recommend A Victorian Swan on Water, to see this lovely vintage home that Joan personally decorated and worked so hard to restore with the help of her brother. My husband and I may even visit a second time this year because we enjoy the area and our time with Joan.

Thank you Joan for making our many visits most enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Central WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

Very Contradictory to the first NEGATIVE review... I had a wonderful time. Both my Finance and I thought that our stay was more than wonderful, and plan to return when the snow flys to enjoy the warmth of the sauna room or maybe even the whirlpool room. My Fiance and I live about 20 minutes outside of town and we believe that this visit was better than many of the vacations we have taken accross the country, including the many resorts and vacation homes we have stayed in.

The innkeeper provided us with a fresh glass of water when we arrived, and also made dinner reservations for us. After we returned from dinner, she made us both a dessert and brought it up to our room. We finished with our dessert somewhere between 8:30 and 9, and despite how late it was she also provided us with complementary glasses of wine as well! In the morning, we had breakfast somewhere around 9am. Both her signature "turtle" french toast and coffee were amazing. Not only was the breakfast top notch, I also really enjoyed her company while we relaxed and sipped on our coffee!

As Far as the rooms go... they were EXTREEMELY clean!!! I tend to have bathroom phobia, and the thought of someone else's germs always creeps me out! However, each and every room was clean beyond my standards!!! Just the rooms alone are worth the price in staying, not to mention all the customer service and complimentary items that go along with it!! If you are looking for a beautiful stay with GREAT service, this is the place to stay!!!! We plan to make it a point to return every 6 months or so, because we enjoyed ourselves so much!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I couldn't disagree more with the previous review. In fact, I needed to leave early (on a Sunday no less) and the inn-keeper not only had a hot cup of YUMMY coffee ready by 7 am but whipped up an awesome breakfast of 'turtle' french-toast. Yes, there was another couple staying during my time there ... but I didn't see them at the breakfast table, so I assume there must have been 2 breakfast "sittings". The inn was clean n' cozy. I would highly recommend for leisure or biz travelers.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to A Victorian Swan on Water? Share your experiences!