“What a wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Stevens Point
“What a wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

I've stayed at the hotel for 4 months off and on for work purposes and there's no place I'd rather went to than besides here. My rooms always clean when I return the staff is really friendly, especially Heather, She always has a smile on her face. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2014
David B, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Stevens Point, responded to this review, March 20, 2015
Thank you for the kind words. I know Heather appreciates the mention as she always does her best to make the guests comfortable. We are lucky to have such a hard-working, dedicated staff. We are working to remodel the facility so that our rooms match the incredible attitude of our staff.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

Front desk attendant was very courteous and helpful. Would recommend This hotel to others. The price is outstanding for the amenitys offered. Is an excellent choice for family's, as well as gatherings with its large and very clean pool area. The pool side rooms are a very nice feature as well!

• Stayed January 2015
Thank you for the positive words! They are encouraging to all of us and help us stay motivated to deliver the best service possible. We really enjoy having people use the pool area for their gatherings as it allows us to meet all sorts of local individuals. Our pool area is unique to Stevens Point as it is much more open and accessible than any other hotel in town. We get to host birthdays, family gatherings, and we've even had a baptism!

I'm glad that you and your family had a great time and I hope we will see you all again soon!
Waukesha, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2014

The shower had mold growing in the tile grout. That does not happen if regular cleaning is taking place. Disgusting. The decor may not have been updated since the 1970s(who cares), but what is really important to note is that cleaning and repairs also appear not to have taken place since the 1970s. The toilet made crazy screeching noises whenever I flushed it. The common areas were not clean. There was dust and dirt along the edges of the carpet and in the corners. It smelled like stale smoke, clearly the carpets have not been shampooed since the smoking ban. The air in my room was unbearably hot and dry. The coffee looked extremely weak when I tried to get some from the free breakfast, which was all together sad. I took one bite of a cold, stale mini-muffin, and by that time was already sufficiently skeeved out by the hotel, so I ended up throwing it and the coffee out. The other options were frosted flakes or froot loops, stale looking white bread, and waffle batter that came out of a dispenser to make your own waffles. I would not eat anything from a dispenser at a place that doesn't clean. Not even pieces of fruit, or bagels. The other reviews painted it as having nothing wrong with it other than having 70s decor, so I didn't mind saving here to save a few bucks. Horrible decision. On top of it all, I came away with bed bug bites. Don't stay at this hotel. Pay a few dollars more for a slightly better hotel, it will be worth it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
David B, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Stevens Point, responded to this review, November 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry that it was not a positive one, but I still appreciate your feedback as we work to improve our property. We have been working on re-grouting and re-caulking all the tubs and should be completed shortly. I am sorry that you received a room that had not yet been completed. You are correct in your assessment that this should not happen with regular cleaning, but as new owners and management we were not responsible for the prior practices their housekeepers had. We ARE however responsible for the current condition and I can assure you this will be a top priority. I will be sure to put all rooms not yet completed out of service until the issue is corrected.

We have just begun our remodel of the facility starting with the roof and working our way down. There is a lot of work to be completed, but we are up to the task. We will be replacing the beds, bedding, TVs, furniture, carpet, and paint throughout the hotel. With the change we will be updating the breakfast to include more, and healthier, options. We are aware that people are underwhelmed by our breakfast. We want people to understand that by staying with us they are saving $15-50 compared to our competitors. That savings will buy a wonderful breakfast at one of the local restaurants we recommend.

As far as bed bugs go, this property has no history of bed bugs. This would be the first instance, and we will certainly investigate it and take the proper course of action if they are found.

Again, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I invite you to try us again in Late Spring 2015 when our remodel is complete. I am confident that your experience will exceed your expectations and you will appreciate the progress we made between now and then.

Dekalb, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014 via mobile

Luckily this place is getting renovated soon. It's a good location with a lot of potential. It definitely needs updating though. The pool is pretty cool. The continental breakfast should have fruit. No fridge or microwave in my room was a bummer too. Not too sure this will change with the renovations so I would go back and see just because it has great potential.

• Stayed September 2014
DaysInnStevensPoint, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Stevens Point, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thank you for your input, we appreciate hearing from our guests so that we can continue to improve as we move forward. We are definitely excited to get this place back to modern standards and are looking forward to the changes over the next few months. We will most certainly be expanding the breakfast to offer more healthy options, and more options overall. We also have rooms with fridges and microwaves, but only a limited number of them. They are available upon request in most instances, but perhaps they were already occupied when you arrived.

We wont be adding those amenities to every single room, but we will have some on-hand to give to guests who require them. I hope that when you come next time you can share experience with us again so that we know how much we have improved!

Thank you and have a great day!

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I booked this at the last second when I heard of a local cycling event. The other hotels were full and I thought we were "stuck" with this and would have to put up with it, but we were nicely surprised!
The room was clean and beds were comfortable after long hilly rides. (I thought maybe a rock would be too, but no...I tried)
Internet got a little sparse and they were fixing it right away.
Don't let the outside discourage you, they have good rooms on the inside.
Better yet, it's being completely renovated and upgrading.
Met the owner and he's the hardest working hotelier we've ever encountered. Manager David was great and helped us with our things. Couldn't have asked for better at that price!

Room Tip: Rooms poolside are better and activities were closed down by 10pm. So average sleep hours were very...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I have to say, you were awesome guests! I've been doing this a while, and its few and far between that you get a guest you remember for life, but you will be one of those for me. You were always pleasant and whenever you did run into an issue you approached us with the problem in a kindly manner and gave us the chance to correct it. If only every guest could be as great as you guys. I look forward to seeing you again next year, although I may plan to have someone on staff to help you with your things next time ;).

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed here for two nights during our US tour, for our comedy show. It was a great value. However, the shining star was the front desk attendant who went the extra mile to make sure we had a room with a microwave & fridge, even though we forgot to request it when we first booked the room. It was a comfortable "home like" room with a view of a park/forest instead of just a freeway. There are some great walking trails and a swimming lake within walking distance. We will make sure we stay here the next time we come through Stevens Point.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy tour to review our property! We try our best to make everyone feel "at home" when they stay with us, and I'm glad to hear that we succeeded. We have a wonderful staff that really cares, and it shows! They will love to hear about your positive experience and I hope we get the chance to offer you that same experience again in the future.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My son and I stayed here and found our room to be clean and quiet. The pool was pleasant and the staff was friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was a little lackluster, but the overall value is excellent. We didn't encounter any of the problems that previous guests complained about.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool for the kids, or in the back of the building away from the pool if y...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your input as it helps us to improve. We are actually beginning a remodel over the next few months that will bring many great changes such as new beds, bedding, carpet, paint, and many more new features for the rooms and common areas of the hotel. I hope that you will stop in and see the changes we have made and let us know what you think, because ultimately it is the guest's opinion that matters most!

David Bleuer

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Stevens Point? Share your experiences!