“Wonderful diner, tucked away from traffic” 5 of 5 stars

715-345-2300
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Eau Claire
“Wonderful diner, tucked away from traffic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I had been meaning to stop here for over a year and finally decided to walk over as it is only a short walk from our house. Walked in and seated ourselves, most of the tables were full, but there isn't that many to start with, maybe only 30-40 seats in the whole restaurant. As we walked in we were acknowledged by the cook in the kitchen (also the owner) and the waitress. We were asked if we wanted coffee before we were even seated. Service was very attentive, but never overbearing. I ordered the biscuits and gravy on the owners recommendation and it was very good, homemade gravy and flaky biscuits. My wife had an omelet and was very pleased. Both meals were quite large, I don't think anyone leaves there hungry as we saw some other plates come out and it was the same thing. One person ordered a pancake and I am pretty sure it was 12" in diameter.

My wife always says that I am hard to please and too picky about restaurants, but I will definitely be back here. It was very friendly and inviting with good food. The waitress definitely knew the regulars (and it seemed like there were a lot of them) as she would bring over drinks to them as they walked through the door and found their normal seat.

My only disappointment is that we didn't find this place sooner. Also be aware that they are only open M-F until 3, Saturday until 12:30 and closed Sunday.

• Visited March 2014