“Clean and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Stevens Point
Excelsior, Minnesota
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I tend to travel to Stevens Point often and have used the Holiday inn Express more often then not but this time I tried the convention center which sits behind the Express. I found the rooms quite nice, clean and quiet. Yes, quiet. The staff were very helpful and interested in providing you with whatever is needed.
I did have one comment and was able to speak with the General Manager.....which is quite nice to know my concerns matter.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cara M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
The Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center and the Holiday Inn Express are managed and operated by the same company. We certainly hope you have enjoyed your stays at the Express but are also happy to hear that you were willing to try the convention center this time. Having the convention center attached means that our front desk staff provides many services beyond just guest check-ins. It’s great to hear that they were helpful in accommodating your needs. The entire staff knows that each person who visits our hotel and convention is important to us and deserves friendly and professional service. Our general manager is the one who drives this commitment. He loves to make himself available to our guests and I’m glad you had an opportunity to meet him. Whether you stay at the Express or Convention Center, we look forward to your return visit.

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is my third stay at this Holiday Inn, in the last 3 weeks. I am doing business in the area and will be staying here for two nights a week for another month.

I don't write reviews unless I can honestly comment on the product or service. Having said that, the Holiday Inn, Stevens Point, Wisconsin is simply excelent. First of all the staff at the front desk are some of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of dealing with. They are so friendly and are very professional. They are informant and knowlegable with any question you may have.

My rooms have always being extreamly clean and well kept.

The employees that clean and take care of your room couldn't be nicer. A pleasent surprise.

The Convention Center is well placed so guests are not bothered by noise. Well thought out.

Room Service has always been fast and the servers are very kind.

And last the "Amber Grill" connected to the hotel is excellent! The food is wounderful and the servers and bartenders are just great. They engage in conversation which is very nice when your traveling.

I highly recomend this Holiday Inn to everyone. I look forward to my next stay.

Mark C.

Room Tip: I think the design of the hotel allows you to choose any room and enjoy it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
These reviews are important to us and we appreciate your time. Guests who visit us often give us a great idea on how we’re doing. I have shared your comments with each department in the hotel. They will be glad to hear that their efforts to improve and maintain the hotel is time well spent. Like any other service related company, we are dedicated to providing friendly and professional service. We believe we have gone a little further to exceed our guest’s expectations with our exceptionally clean rooms and high quality staff and service. We are very proud to have the Amber Grill as our hotel restaurant. It is not only a guest favorite but also enjoyed by many local customers. We always look forward to seeing our favorite frequent guests which now includes you.
See you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a newer hotel. Very clean, quiet, comfortable beds, larger than normal rooms. Well worth the extra $20 or so it charges. I would stay here again. The reception area is one of the nicest I've ever seen for a holiday inn...

• Stayed September 2012
We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the kind words and time you took out of your day to review us on TripAdvisor. You might be surprised to hear that the Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center is actually 6 years old. We have continued to improve and maintain the building. The “comfortable beds” are produced especially for the Holiday Inn. We are very proud of our reception area. The open design of the Lobby leading into our Great Room allows some guests to check-in while others can relax on a comfy sofa in front of the fireplace. We hope you are able to visit us again. We look forward to your return.
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I live in hotels 7 days a week 10 months a year while on tour. This hotel is a cut above. Everything was exceptional from the service to the professionalism and friendliness of the hotel staff. And their restaurant, A Class Act ! ! ! The only hotel restaurants in their class is Gourmet Rooms in a few Casino Hotels in Nevada. Thomas

Room Tip: use trip advisor :-)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cara M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thomas,
Thank you for the complimentary review! We really put a lot of effort in to making each guest’s stay great. We wouldn’t be able to know how we are doing without these important reviews. We are especially proud when we hear that a guest has had an exceptional stay. I’m glad you had an opportunity to dine at the restaurant. The Amber Grill has been striving for excellence since it opened in January of 2011. We look forward to the next time you stay with us!
Racine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

First off let me say that the grounds here are beautiful. That said, I don't care how many amenities you offer or how big the flat screen TV is in the room, if your beds are horrible, you won't get a good review from me. The beds here were so bowed that I woke up several times in the middle of the night with back pain. At the end of the day I come here to get a good night sleep and that was not accomplished. Additionally, one of the things that drew us to this particular location over the Holiday Inn Express across the street was the pool area. It had a water slide that was tempting since I happened to have my son with on this trip. The water slide was closed for the three days I was here. I've stayed in the past at the Express across the street, I highly recommend it. They have comfortable beds, a good continental breakfast and a great staff. I will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn Express down the street is a better option
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
cara m, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I’m really glad we were able to talk over the phone about these concerns. Without your review about the bed issue, it may have taken us longer to discover that the box spring you slept on was broken. You have saved future guests from having this discomfort. We only wish we would have had the opportunity to help you sleep better while you were here. I'm confident that our staff would have been happy to address your concerns that day/night if it would have been reported. We do not consider these reports as complaints but rather a service to us. We knew something must have been wrong because we hear more reviews about how comfortable our beds are. Our goal is to continue to provide a good night sleep on the Simmons mattresses especially designed for Holiday Inn. We are sorry you missed an opportunity to enjoy the 3-story water slide. When you stayed on Wednesday it was open from 5-7pm. Our slide has limited days and hours of operation for which it is monitored by lifeguards. It is closed Mon & Tues, but open all other days of the week. We hope you found the resolution to these issues satisfactory. We look forward to you staying with us again. We are certain you will have a completely different experience and likely a much better review!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great hotel. Fantastic hospitality and great prices. The clerk at the front desk was very nice and the beds were quite comfortable. I had breakfast at their restaurant adjacent to the convention center and that was good, but not great. However, they have nice outdoor seating with a fire pit!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
cara m, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. Hospitality starts & ends with our front desk staff and I am happy to hear they did a nice job. We are proud to have the Amber Grill as our on-site restaurant offering our guests breakfast, lunch, dinner, and room service. The gas fire pit, at the restaurant, was a recent addition and many have expressed their enjoyment from sitting on the patio with the fire. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed here with my family for a relaxing weekend away. I was very impressed with the hotel. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff were very friendly. The restaurant had delicious food. I had expected a nice place after reading the reviews, but I didn't think it would be this nice! I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

The one downside is that there's no free breakfast.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cara m, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thanks for choosing our hotel for your “relaxing weekend away.” Wow, what nice things you have to say about your experience with us. We are very happy to hear things went so well. There are many areas in our hotel to experience and it sounds you enjoyed them all. I hope you had time to play in the activity pool area featuring a 3-story waterslide. Our restaurant, Amber Grill, is not only a guest favorite but also a local leading choice as well. As a full service hotel, our guests have the option of dining in the restaurant or ordering Room Service to get the same great food delivered right to their rooms. Thank you for recommending us and look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center? Share your experiences!