I stay at both places frequently, the Fairfield and this hotel - the Holiday Inn Express. I honestly don't know which one is better, but I have no problems with the #1 rating this has right now. I wouldn't have any problems with the Fairfield being #1 either, but the Holiday Inn Express has slightly more positives. Advantages it has over the Fairfield Inn down the road:
- Bigger standard rooms
- King rooms are standard
- Fridge and Microwave are standard
- Laundry facility is a little better
- Business Center is a separate room
- Breakfast is better and offers more variety from day to day (cinnamon rolls are amazing, pancakes, scrambled eggs, and more)
- Better temperature control in room
- More consistency from room-to-room in terms of cleanliness, lack of odors, etc...
The Fairfield Inn has the following advantages over this hotel:
- Cookies/fruit at night
- Quieter - walls are more solid
- Service is good at this hotel (Holiday Inn Express), but FFI is off the charts in service
- FFI is a Marriott - more brands for frequent travelers who stay a lot
- Decor is slightly better
All other things are about equal - pool, workout room, parking, proximity to town's restaurants, etc...
What is clear is that these 2 hotels mentioned are above the rest. The Holiday Inn and Conference Center is nice, too, but I would say these two (Holiday Inn and Fairfield Inn) are the best I've stayed at in Stevens Point. (haven't tried the Comfort Inn or Country Inn & Suites yet)
Surprisingly, the rooms closer to the middle of the hotel are better than the ends, as the stairwell...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
We greatly appreciate your business to the local area. We are pleased to be compared to another recognizably top rated competitive hotel. We are proud of our additional amenities and facilities not always offered at other hotels. Our breakfast stands above all others and we’re glad you choose to take advantage of it when you stay. Thank you for noticing the cleanliness of our rooms. The housekeeping and maintenance department work diligently to maintain a high standard of operations. We have many frequent guests who appreciate our high standards for accommodation and service. Thank you for being one of them. We look forward to your next visit!
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.