“We have all kinds of beer” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 98 Restaurants in Stevens Point
Cuisines: American
Plainfield, Wisconsin
“We have all kinds of beer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stopped in for dinner about 40 minutes before the start of a movie. The place was not crowded, but it took about five minutes to seat us. It took another five minutes before the waitress came to take our order. When she asked me what I wanted to drink, I looked at the menu for beer choices but they weren't listed. "What beers do you have?" Deer in the headlights look. "What do you mean?" "What beers do you have available?" "All kinds. I need to know what kind of beer you're looking for." "Never mind. I'll just have water." After taking our order, she reappeared in a few minutes with the manager. "We serve 40 different beers. What were you looking for?" "Fine, just give me a Miller." "Miller?" "Yes, just Miller." The food arrived ten minutes before showtime, nothing complicated. It was good, but we barely tasted it as we wolfed it down. We didn't have time to finish, so asked for a box and the check, since we had to get going. The busboy/cook brought a box, but no check. I went up front to pay. The busboy/cook had to ask us what we had and then added it up, explaining that the waitress was in the rest room. We paid, got out five minutes before the movie started. A suggestion-- either add the beers available to the menu or have it on a separate card at the table. Customers shouldn't have to play Twenty Questions to find out what beer they serve.

Visited April 2012

Central Wisconsin
“Basic; OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

A recent Sunday noon visit offered typical Sunday fare, but in my opinion,the omelette was too greasy. There is a buffet offering for those who wish for more.

Visited April 2012
Charlotte, NC
“Time to move on”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The owners have milked this place for just about everything they can. If they don't reinvent it and put a small fortune into it, they can kiss away a 40+ yr tradition. I was severely disappointed in this restaurant and embarrassed that we took people there.

This used to be "the place" to go in the Stevens Point area when you wanted to go out for a nice dinner. It was well-appointed and they had a great menu. Today, it's on old building with an old sign, a beat up parking lot with holes, worn out interior, and a sub-par menu with barely acceptable food quality.

It's unfortunate when businesses decide they are just going to live off reputation and put off repairs yet another year until they can no longer afford to update them, but this is a prime example of just that.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Very let down!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I remember going to The Blue Top when I was younger with my parents and it was aloways great! So, after over 20 tears, I decided to take my family there on a Friday night. When we got there there was only two other tables eating. The server was very nice. But that is were the positive part of our night ended. We waited for a long time for drinks and apps. My oldest son and I both had the A.Y.C.E. fish with "seasoned" fries. The rest of my family(5 of them) had other things. Now granted I am a certified chef myself but our fish batter tasted like watered down pancake batter, none of our fries were seasoned, and by the time the rest of my family was done, we still had not gotten our reorders of fish (over 30 min)! We spent almost $100.00 there and I really don't think we will ever return. .there was no beer taste with the fish or the cheese curds, the fries were not seasoned and service was very slow. The best person on your staff was an older lady with a wrist brace who kept telling people to hurry up and quit arguing.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Beyond it's day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

At one time a great place to dine and enjoy cocktails at the bar. This place is in dyer need of renovations.