“The Old Railroad Dining Car” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 99 Restaurants in Stevens Point
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“The Old Railroad Dining Car”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Quaint old dining car from a day gone by. The original owner has long since passed but the food is still excellent.

Bancroft, Wisconsin
“If you like PEPPERS...and HEAT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Every dish has some kind of peppers in it, even the soups. I ordered a steak and asked if it had peppers in it, I was told no, but it showed up smothered in a brown sauce filled with little red peppers pieces. The steak was tender and of high quality but for someone who does not like peppers -at all - I did not enjoy it. If you don't like pepper, like me, this is not the place for you.

Stevens Point
“New Orleans Flair!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

This restaurant is set in an old railroad car. Uniquely different, The Silver Coach promises food enthusiasts a truly enjoyable dining experience. The Silver Coach is the area's oldest established restaurant and offers fresh, creative cuisine prepared by Chef Rob Tuszka. The signature entree's are infused with spectacular flavors and distinctive tastes. The menu features fresh and flavorful dishes to satisfy all palates. An extensive wine list completes the dining experience. My husband & I LOVE coming here. It's always been a very relaxing & romantic dinner-we absolutely love it! Will continue to come back & we recommend this place to everyone!

Visited January 2012
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Most expensive in Stevens Point”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

For the high price you get very nice food in a cramped setting. Too bad they try to squeeze so many people in to such a limited area.

“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I had never been to the Silvercoach before, but when some friends of ours asked us to go out to eat they asked if there was anywhere we hadn't been that we would like to try. When I mentioned the Silvercoach they were happy to go, as they had eaten there a few times and really enjoyed themselves.

We started with a Baked Brie appetizer....delicious.
Then we moved onto the Soup du Jour, that day it was a beer cheese - it is Wisconsin of course. It too was absolutely delicious. When the soup was served they also served roasted garlic cloves and rolls. If you like garlic you MUST go to Silvercoach and feast on these. They were phenomenal.
For supper I had the Shrimp Miguel. It was white shrimp sautéed with peppers, onions, and mushrooms in a garlic cream and red pepper/basil pesto served over lemon pepper linguini. Aboslutely wonderful. Generally I can't finish my meal because they always serve so much. This time I came really close...it was so good I couldn't stop eating. My husband and one of our dinner companions had steak, done different ways, but both said it was also absolutely wonderful. My husband even told our waiter to inform the chef that the steak was cooked perfectly. Our other dinner companion had one of the specials, a catfish fillet. Which he too said was awesome.

My husband and I will definitely be going back as soon as possible. It is a little more expensive then other restaurants in the area, but WELL worth every penny. Don't miss out on feasting here. It is also a very nice setting, quaint and neat. The entrance to the restaurant (and the bar area) are an old sleeper train car.

• Visited October 2011