“Good Place to stay, with bar and resturant close.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Top Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stevens Point
Blue Top Motel
3425 Church St., Stevens Point, WI 54481   |
Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Stevens Point
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good Place to stay, with bar and resturant close.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

It is a older motel, nice clean, very nice staff. Enjoyed my stay will stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Clear Lake, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Staff was friendly. BUT, the dirtiest, filthiest place I have ever experienced. Dirty, unvacuumed carpet, cigarette burn holes in the blankets (that were also dirty), smelled awful. The slide lock on the door was only attached to the wooden doorframe that pulled away from the wall when my daugher tried to open the door while it was still locked.
The ONLY reason we stayed was because my daughter was with a team that was required to all stay together. Otherwise I would have immediately demanded my money back and we would have left.
I do not mind places that are "dated", IF THEY ARE CLEAN and well kept. This place was neither. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Seriously considered sleeping in the car.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

The Motel was recommended by SEVERAL Stevens Point Landlords who knew I needed a weekly/monthly Executive Stay Rental in Stevens Point! VERY friendly staff, both smaller kitchenette AND a more full Kitchen room available and GREAT/Only Weekly/Monthly Rentals for Business People in the Stevens Point/Plover, Wisconsin area-- that is reasonable!!

Highly recommend it to any U.W. Madison Business Alumni, U.W. Eau Claire Business Alumni and/or anyone who knows and loves Wisconsin and its Friendly People and Nice Lodging!

• Liked — ONLY Available Weekly/Executive Stay Rental in the area-- that's reasonable & clean!
  • Disliked — loved everything!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

Wow where to begin there. Me and my wife stayed was sopose to be a month. But after the numerous problems we left. 1st off the 1st room we where in was spose to be a efficancy and looked good in pics, when we got there the fridge was small not like pic, the bathroom had no tub and the shower was gross no curtins in bathroom. Went to turn air on so was dirty inside it didn't work and had a bad smell. They had NO 3 prong plug inns only 1 for the air or fridge or mic witch means unpluging what ever you didn't want to use. the rooms had a old cooped up smell and are so old guessing from the 60's. Was told wireless net but room didn't have it so they moved us. That room was excatly the same but not efficancy. The microwave was the oldest thing I ever seen and fridge. Same problem with no 3 prong plug inns. Then we found the plug inn for tv was so old that they it was broke the tv wouldn't stay on. had to move it. the heat didn't work. we asked em about it they said they turn it off to keep there bill down. we asked for extra blankets they didn't have any. We froze. finnally after 2 weeks of loud nosiy people cops there kids fighting at 4am. and no front desk after 10pm decided to move out. Went to front desk and they refused to refund us money for the month we paid. Finnally after contacting a lawer and threating them they refuned 100 dollars that should of been 200. They where so rude and didn't seem to care about anything. Never came to clean our room, had to ask for towels and clean sheets. I would not recomend this place to anyone. Horrible. I have stayed in tons of hotels and this was the worst experience I have ever had.

stevens point wi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2007

While having the interior of my house painted last summer, I had to remove my family for a couple of days to get away from the smell. We ended up at Blue Top , the long and short is this. After the second day we discovered flees in the room. The managers were rather rude about it and refused to recompense or compensate us in any way shape or form, so we left. While we were in the office, an elderly lady came in, complaining that she sat in one of the chairs in the room and it broke. They seemed to care more about what happened to the chair and not the welfare of this elderly matron. I would highly recommend that you stay away from Blue Top.

Been to Blue Top Motel? Share your experiences!