“This place is a dump!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Stevens Point
Stacyy01
“This place is a dump!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The owners are vey difficult to communicate with, they speak very broken english. We had 8 rooms all together, toilet didn't work in one, ac didn't work in another, shower didn't work in another, plumbing was bad in another, beds we're hard, bedding was dirty and stained, they did not provide hair dryers , irons, or toiletries. they did not stock for the continental breakfast. You could hear people walking in the room above. I was waiting for someone to fall through the floor. The rooms were about $50. 00 each. I have stayed at nice hotels for $50.00 a night. I would not stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

For the price you cant beat this place. Its clean, my room had a micro/fridge combo in the room. Bed was comfy. I stayed for 3 days the front desk was helpful in guiding me around Stevens Point. Point Motel has a great location. Its located near many new restaurants and attractions as well as the local university. (UWSP) Overall great stay.

Room Tip: I had a two double bed room. The room was HUGE!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hayward
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Cons: Many items in the room were not maintained or functional-- security chain was broken, nightstand was screwed into wall and it was leaning so much I was afraid the lamp was going to slide off, screen door would not shut properly, & glass on screen door could not be moved to cover the screen (it was November and cold outside).
Pros: they do allow dogs (for extra $6), have a microwave, small frig, and coffee maker.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

Much less esxpensive than chain hotels, room was clean, $48 for 2 people for a night. It is not fancy, the decor is old, but clean. Someone commented about the security chains being attached to the door frame, which is true, the safety chain was silly, but the doorklnob locks and there is a deadbolt. Its stevens point! Walking distance from toppers and a $7 cab ride from downtown.

• Stayed January 2011
St. Louis, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I really wanted this to be a nice old style motel... but, it wasn't - could be but the owners are not investing money or time in the place. It is Indian run and the smell of curry will hit you the minute you step in the lobby. I almost left, but I had to see if the rooms were nice. yet, they were not great and the motel is kind of run down. Too bad. I would not recommend staying here unfortnately. PS: I left in an hour and didn't even request a refund.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
peru
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Location is the best if you need to be close to the UWSP, all kind of restaurants and shops are nearby, just 2 to10 min walking. Rooms are well equiped and they are pretty clean, they are just a bit old and poorly maintained. Breakfast is orange juice(bottled), milk and flakes, white bread, light coffee, butter and jelly, you may need to ask owners to put more stuff if they run out of something. It is very important to make clear prices before you check in, otherwise owner may charge as much as he can. Before I arrived they told me it was $38 a night for a single room, for my dates (by email). When I arrived they charge $50 the 1st night, because I said I didnt know how long I was staying. Next day I told him I was staying 5 more days and he charged $40 a day, next days. Owner said $38 was past season rate, but then I heard he offered $39 a day to another guest. So it was really confusing and I felt they took advantage of me, because I didnt have the message with the offered price printed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Wasau, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

I went there a a couple of months ago. I chose the place because because it was close to where my conference was. And I really liked it. The service is good, the room was clean, and yeah, the cleaning maid is a really friendly woman - you'll enjoy talking to her. The bed was comfortable, I got a good night's sleep before my conference the next morning. All these for $39. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to Point Motel? Share your experiences!