“Frank Lloyd Wright Inspired Lodging” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spring Valley Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spring Green
Spring Valley Inn
You added Spring Valley Inn to your Saves list
6279 County Highway C, Spring Green, WI 53588   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spring Green
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Frank Lloyd Wright Inspired Lodging”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a single story lodging own by a family. The rooms are all located on one enclosed hallway opposite the driveway from the motel lobby. At the opposite end of the hallway is the door to the swimming pool area. Luckily, there were no one staying there with kids because that could get noisy as they all head towards the pool. Halfway down the hall is a community room, which did get a little noisy at one point on one afternoon. In the community room is a microwave oven and a deep chested freezer with small bags of ice, bre-bagged for the ice buckets. I thought this was a nice touch so that people would not make noise getting ice.

There is a small restaurant with a bar at the motel. The chef is one of the owners' sons, who attended the Culinary Institute. I had the Friday fish fry which was good. People seemed to love the small personal pizzas from conversations we overheard. The menu is limited, but the food seems to be good. Another son worked the bar and waited on the diners.

The rooms were on the small end. Our room had only 1 double bed, which we rarely find nowadays. The sink was on the outside of the enclosed bathroom with a tub and toilet. The room had a musty smell to it at check in probably due to the AC being off. Even after turning it on and going to dinner, the room was still musty upon our return. The musty smell did seem to disappear after having the AC on overnight.

The room is quite minimalist. Besides the bed, there is a console for a small TV, a small desk, and a night stand only on one side of the bed. Free and adequate WIFI was available. Our room could use some minor repairs. At one corner, there were 3 places where the plaster had fallen off. The fan in the bathroom was off-center from its original cut out in the ceiling. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean which in the scheme of things are my two top priorities.

It is a good location to stay to go see Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin and the House on the Rock. There is a bird garden and a kid's playground on site. We loved watching the various birds in the garden.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed for one night after checking out the House on the Rock. Nice family run place, reasonably priced, with good food and drinks at their lounge. Took advantage of their large indoor pool, steam room, sauna, and workout room - much needed after the madness that is House on the Rock. Close to the river, Taliesan, and theater too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Arrived to enjoy the Frank Lloyd Wright vibe and discovered an Oasis of nature and comfort and pure relaxation!
Upon our arrrival we were met by Amy and Brenner and they were so helpful!
We went to our rooms to settle in and then we were off to the dining/ lounge!
Comfortable seating and wall to wall glass covered all of our senses!
We started with a glass of nice Italian Chianti and our eyes were drawn to the beautiful birds that were flying to and fro at the number of feeders around the glassed area.
As we settled in and ordered a tasty custom Pizza, the rabbits arrived.
Before we headed off to our room we had identified and had taken pictures of at least 10 different varieties of bird species.
Brenner sat and visited with us and was such a nice young man.
He gave us many helpful tips on where to locate the best Wisconsin cheese and the most scenic drives to take.
We highly recommend this delightful spot to any and all who pass through this beautiful part of the country.
Thumbs up to Spring Valley Inn and to the staff!!

• Stayed June 2013
Lakewood, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

During our trip to tour Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin, we wanted to stay close by. This little inn is just a couple of miles away and is built and decorated in a Wright theme. The attached restaurant is delightful and the tables by the window overlook a wildlife habitat that attracted no fewer than ten different types of birds in the short while we sat there.
The staff was very attentive and polite. We would definitely stay here again on a future visit to the area. And next time, we'd bring bathing suits in order to use the huge, beautiful indoor pool!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Galesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great place to get away and enjoy nature. We enjoyed the evening by the firepit on the grounds of the hotel. The facility was nice, quiet and clean. We enjoyed the breakfast area overlooking the grounds with lots of wildlife. We enjoyed watching all of the different variety of birds that came to feed on the feeders outside the hotel. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had a wedding at the Hilltop near Spring Green and needed a place to use as a "home base" to change clothes, sleep, etc. It did not need to be fancy (re: expensive), just utilitarian.
The facility was nice - quiet, clean, bar and hot breakfast. Their communication via phone is very bad and not customer service oriented. I left my glasses, called to see if they were found. Got a recording to leave a message. When I did not hear back in a timely manner, I was able to get resolution right away via email! Go figure! Overall, pretty good for our purposes, even with very small, short furniture (as is the Wright tradition). GREAT indoor POOL and hot tub.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dyersville, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I ordered tickets for two ATP performances for mid-Sept. 2013. Immediately I phoned Spring Valley Inn for a reservation for overnight after the performances. I received a recording that said to leave my name and phone number and my call would be returned "within 48 hours." In the meantime, my father passed away and with all the emotions and details, it didn't strike me until several weeks later that I had not received a call back from them. So on May 3, I phoned again. Got the same message. I tried a few other lodgings at this point, but was told they were booked. I was hoping that the owners of the Spring Valley Inn would come back and start returning their calls because I was getting concerned about not having a place to stay. Then got busy again with cleaning out my dad's house for the new owners to move in. Finally, I called them back for the THIRD time today, May 28. Got a real person this time. Informed me there was no room availability for the date I requested. I asked why no one had called me earlier to let me know this. After some ummmmm's, I was told they just got back last week. So....why wasn't I called? She had no answer for this. I spent the morning trying to find other lodging to no avail. Everything was booked, including the B & Bs. The only place I did not try was the The House on the Rock Resort because that is out of my budget. I am frustrated that these people have a recording they will return calls within 48 hours and then they never return the call. Lodging is at a minimum in Spring Green, so I guess they feel they can be rude because the pickings are slim in the area, especially during the APT season. I would NEVER recommend this place based on this type of treatment.

Room Tip: Choose one at a different lodging than this one.