“Dinner and a show....” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
The Woodlands, Texas
“Dinner and a show....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

On our way to American Players Theatre my sister made reservations here for an early dinner. The restaurant has limited ambiance however the view of the Wisconsin River is very welcoming. Our waiter was very pleasant and conversational. He engaged in personal conversation and informing us of the menu options. I chose to share dishes and split with my sister the fresh river trout and the bacon and smoked trout salad. I also had a cup of their clam chowder and it was excellent as the waiter discussed how regions of the country have voted it very favorable. I did enjoy the salad just alright, but glad I got the trout too, it had excellent flavor and I am picky about my fish taste. They are more on the light side for sides and although the skinny breadsticks are decorative on the table, I thought they were stale and certainly weren't a favorable appetizer.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best place to eat when visiting Taleisin, but do not expect too much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you need to eat prior or after visiting Taleisin, I am sure it is the best choice. Just do not expect the quality of food to be on a par with elegant design of the dining room and an impressive riverview. We visited for brunch and had mushroom soup, quiche and Di Carne omelette. Mushroom soup was not bad, but nothing in particular. Quiche came with potatoes and sweet bread and was just average. Di Carne omelette was done with sopressata, bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil and goatcheese. As quiche, it was served with sweet bread and potatoes. I really like Italian dry sausages, but I did not like this omelette at all. I think sopressata gave it an awkward taste. Service was friendly and relaxed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Beautiful view and friendly place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

It's conveniently located, beautifully done in the Prairie style with a panoramic view of the Wisconsin River and the valley. Food, at lunch, was delicious and service warm and friendly.

Visited July 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Dining At Frank Lloyd Wright Visitor Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited the restaurant for lunch. Since it was the weekend, we were also able to order brunch. Both my son and I ordered the omelets which were excellent. The omelets were filled with meats (his) and vegetables (mine). The plates came with choice of fruit cup or roasted potatoes. They served a nice portion for either choice. A large biscuit also accompanied the omelets. My husband ordered the Reuben. He had no complaints. I had ordered a cup of New England Clam Chowder to start that was as good as any I ever had in New England. It was very flavorful, rich and creamy, and filled with large chunks of potatoes and clams. I would highly recommend this soup if you see it on the menu.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Mn
“Table with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a very satisfying dinner and were well counseled by our waiter, Aaron. Our local river trout was light but tasty, the local fresh asparagus was grilled perfectly, and the caprese salad was a nice touch. Every table has a view of the wide expanse of the Wisconsin River and every table has FL Wright styled chairs. It was a very nice experience to have in the Wright land. I also noticed they were very attentive to theater attendees in order to get them to the play on time. I would return. The only issue I have is the wine list as I like European wine.

• Visited June 2013