“For admirers of the Wright Stuff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 16 Attractions in Spring Green
Type: Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Landmarks
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Franklin Lloyd Wright's dream house was destroyed twice by fire, but he built it a third time and continued to make improvements and changes on it until his death.
Elmsford, New York
8 attraction reviews
“For admirers of the Wright Stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is the heart of Frank Lloyd Wright's designs and the best place to see his mind at work. The House and Garden Tour (2 hours) was very worthwhile (senior and students discounts available). If we had another day, I'd have gone back for the 4 hour tour that includes the "institute". Spectaucalr views, wonderful designs, and interesting "docents"/tourguides.

While it is similar to Taliesin West in Scottsdale, it is enought different to make it hugely worthwhile. A real chance to absorb the works of this 20th century architectual master.

Be sure to leave time to grab lunch in the restaurant overlooking the river and to visit the bookstore/gift store. Best to book in advance, as the several tours each day fill up.

Visited August 2013

Blaine, Minnesota
“hot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Again I'm glad I went. Very interesting. Lots of walking, no air cond.
so very hot. Did get some sitting down time. Also lots of construction going on. They had a tour guide to lead us so we did learn alot about Frank Lloyd Wright.

Visited May 2013
Lexingt
“First time to Taliesin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Took the four hour estate tour. You will need to book in advance as it is only offered once per day (at 930am) and can only accomodate 20 admirers of the Great FLW.

Visited July 2013
Spring Green, Wisconsin
“Inspirational!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Loved it! The tours were great - our guides were excellent. I highly recommend making advanced reservations. This is a historic building/estate so bathrooms were restricted while out on tour, but we were able to use them at the Visitor Center before we departed. The Visitor Center had a great bookstore - more like a gift shop - there were lots of great things to look at and buy. We also stayed for lunch at their cafe - excellent food! Would strongly recommend as a historical, amazing place to visit! Frank Lloyd Wright was way ahead of his time!

Visited June 2013
Tucson, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
“Art show at Taliesin.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was able to fly to Clear Lake, Iowa last week and drive to Spring Green, Wisconsin to see an art opening featuring the work of resident Bill Wilke at Taliesen. Nice to have the place available to only a few people and to have your own guide. I have been a Wright fan many years. The site is very beautiful, the hills and the surrounding green make a perfect platform for Wright's building. My friend gave me the book about the tragedies that befell Taliesin which I found fascinating.
The gift shop is very well appointed. My only fear for Taliesin is that the 'deferred maintenance' is going to someday be it's downfall.
I really enjoyed the Wilke show and was able to go to his studio the next day since the friends that I came to Iowa to see are friends of his. A great opportunity.

Visited July 2013