“hot” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Franklin Lloyd Wright's dream house was destroyed twice by fire, but he built it a third time and continued to make improvements and changes on it until his death.
Blaine, Minnesota
“hot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Again I'm glad I went. Very interesting. Lots of walking, no air cond.
so very hot. Did get some sitting down time. Also lots of construction going on. They had a tour guide to lead us so we did learn alot about Frank Lloyd Wright.

Visited May 2013

Lexingt
“First time to Taliesin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Took the four hour estate tour. You will need to book in advance as it is only offered once per day (at 930am) and can only accomodate 20 admirers of the Great FLW.

Spring Green, Wisconsin
“Inspirational!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Loved it! The tours were great - our guides were excellent. I highly recommend making advanced reservations. This is a historic building/estate so bathrooms were restricted while out on tour, but we were able to use them at the Visitor Center before we departed. The Visitor Center had a great bookstore - more like a gift shop - there were lots of great things to look at and buy. We also stayed for lunch at their cafe - excellent food! Would strongly recommend as a historical, amazing place to visit! Frank Lloyd Wright was way ahead of his time!

Visited June 2013
Tucson, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
“Art show at Taliesin.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was able to fly to Clear Lake, Iowa last week and drive to Spring Green, Wisconsin to see an art opening featuring the work of resident Bill Wilke at Taliesen. Nice to have the place available to only a few people and to have your own guide. I have been a Wright fan many years. The site is very beautiful, the hills and the surrounding green make a perfect platform for Wright's building. My friend gave me the book about the tragedies that befell Taliesin which I found fascinating.
The gift shop is very well appointed. My only fear for Taliesin is that the 'deferred maintenance' is going to someday be it's downfall.
I really enjoyed the Wilke show and was able to go to his studio the next day since the friends that I came to Iowa to see are friends of his. A great opportunity.

Terre Haute, Indiana
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you plan to visit, be sure to reserve your tickets in advance. I called 2 days ahead and all house tour tickets were already sold for the time we would be there. We did the Highlights Tour and while waiting for it to start, several people were turned away because tours were already full. We enjoyed the Highlights Tour, it takes you to the design studio and the house. Our tour guide was wonderful and the 2 hours just flew by.