“Not Impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Duluth, Minnesota
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stopped for take-out dinner after reading mostly positive reviews. We were anxious to get back to our campsite, as the rest of our group had arrived while we were on the road, so asked if our food could be made to go. Our very friendly waitress assured us this would be possible, but we could only order a poor boy, chicken strips, or a child's meal. I ordered honey bbq chicken strips with a side of coleslaw. Another of our party of three ordered plain chicken strips with fries, and the other a 1/3 size poor boy. I went to use the washroom while our order was being prepared. While waiting to use the washroom, I noted the poor boy being made by the waitress with no gloves, just hands diving into the fixings. I don't know if her hands were clean or not. It made no difference. Those hands touch money, pens, and who knows what else. Gross. Our orders came very fast. However, the cook must have decided that I would have plain chicken strips rather than honey bbq, and my coleslaw was missing. I decided not to say anything about the non-honey bbq strips, but did ask for my coleslaw. For three very small strips and 3/4 cup of coleslaw, my bill was $8.43. Kind of pricey for a very little bit of food. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Palatine, Illinois, United States
“Always send our friends there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Whenever we are near Spooner (once or twice a year), we have to have our lunch here. The sandwiches and soup are great, the atmosphere is friendly and upbeat and the people are welcoming and fun. Just sent a couple more folks there and we know they'll come back with rave reviews, too!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boulder
“Feel bad for the wait staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The food was pretty good and fairly prompt. They were short staffed, which you could hear them loudly complaining about. The one staff member who managed to be friendly and smile was constantly the target of barked orders and criticism, which was a shame because she was obviously working very hard and doing a good job, especially under the pressure she was under. I think I would have only good things to say about the menu and food, but it was overshadowed by the inappropriate treatment of this one poor nice girl. I thought the service overall was fairly poor and unprofessional.

Spooner, WI USA
“Great sandwich!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Piller's is located close to downtown and you can find parking close. The atmosphere is casual and very friendly. The po' boy sandwich is great and the home make soups are WONDERFUL! Be sure to stop if you are in Spooner, WI!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We really like the food and decor at Pillers. Specials are always great. The kids love the andy filled bear.

Visited January 2014