“OK deal but some problems” 2 of 5 stars

Scottish Inn Sparta
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   509 S Water Street Monroe, Sparta, WI 54656   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sparta
A TripAdvisor Member
“OK deal but some problems”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

The cleanliness was somewhat better than the other reviewer mentioned, it was not great and the linens are kinda dingy. The price is right for this motel, but you should also be aware it's on a busy corner and it's pretty noisy too- I was woken up several times throughout the night. Also, the rooms are directly off the parking lot.

• Stayed May 2006

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

This is a tiny roadside hotel located right when you get into town in Sparta--a town which claims to be the "bicycling capital", and the trail from Sparta to Elroy really is worth the ride. This hotel however, was not.

I wish we had not guaranteed the room with a credit card, because after seeing the parking lot, we would have kept right on driving. There were several rather questionable characters lurking about--weekly renters? Several cars that looked like they belonged in the junk yard, one of which had a completely smashed windshield held together with duct tape.

2 of the towels we pulled out of the rack were filthy with big black marks--obviously, the cleaning staff just left them in the rack without checking to see whether they had been used. Wetting one slightly to wipe the floor told me the floor wasn't much cleaner. The toilet was clean inside, but not outside, and the sides were really dirty--and I won't go further because I don't think you want to know.

Fortunately, I carry cleaning supplies with me, and after 2 hours, and lots of bleach, the room was habitable. I also carry a portable alarm to hang on hotel doors, or I don't think I would have been able to get to sleep.

I'm giving this hotel a 2 instead of a 1, because we've slept in worse.

• Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2004

I am playing in softball team from last four years
and we are staying in same motel . It was ok not
that great but this year it was great . It is a big
change in motel . Look like a new motel new room .
We ask the mangement and find out that it was mange by new owner now . Thank God feels like
now we get the worth of money . So we book the
same room 101 for next year too. It is good place
to stay now.

Been to Scottish Inn Sparta? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Scottish Inn Sparta

Address: 509 S Water Street Monroe, Sparta, WI 54656
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Sparta
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sparta
Hotel Class:2 star — Scottish Inn Sparta 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Scottish Inn Sparta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Scottish Hotel Sparta

If you own or manage Scottish Inn Sparta, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.