“Great Pizza DON'T LET THE HOUSE FOOL YOU!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

608-269-2181
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Sparta
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: I'd like to review this excellent pizza restaurant in Sparta, WI. Sparta is a tourist destination for biking, and this is one of the best restaurants in town. My entire group LOVED it when we ate there over the weekend. One person said it was the best pizza she had ever eaten.
WI
“Great Pizza DON'T LET THE HOUSE FOOL YOU!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Been here many times. This pizza is the absolute bomb. The italian crust is like New York style pizza. Large crust edge with a thinner crust where the cheese is. It is crisp on the bottom, yet when you chew it, it's a little goey too. The cheese is great and for you sausage lovers; it is brought in from Chicago and it is truely wonderful. The pepperoni is O.K., just tastes like any other pepperoni anywhere. The sausage truely shines head and shoulders above the other pizza meat here. The sauce is just right too -- maybe a tad salty if I had to criticize. Great pizza like this is hard to come by in these parts. I would love to try the italian hot beefs that they have here too -- but the pizza is so damn good I cannot get past getting that EVERY time we go there. I guess there is always take out for the hot beef and I can get back to you on that..... Remember, they are open officially at 5:00 PM, but they will take orders at 4:30PM if push comes to shove, and they are done at 10:00PM, and closed on Mondays. They also do a lot of take out here, and for good reason -- THE PIZZA IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis
“Best Pizza Anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

WOW! If you are looking for some tasty Chicago-style pizza, stop in here. You'll be greeted by the friendly owner, who will take your drink order if there's a wait (and there often is, since the restaurant is located in a cute, but tiny house.) At first glance you'll think the drink menu only has Leinenkugels (not that there's anything wrong with that), but look deeper and you'll see Mississippi Mud, a very tasty, very dark beer (black and tan, using porter). There's also a regionally brewed hard lemonade that is not to be missed. But the pizza, oh, the pizza! Be sure to get the hand-tossed, which my girlfriend said was "the best pizza I had ever had in my entire life." If you dare, ask the owner (who is from Chicago of course) to share some of his special hot sauces. You'll forever think that hot sauce should always be put on pizza! As I mentioned, the place is small, so try to go during off hours or be prepared to wait on the enclosed porch. But any wait is more than worth it!