“Rest, Relax, and Enjoy the Outdoors!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Justin Trails Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sparta
Justin Trails Resort
You added Justin Trails Resort to your Saves list
7452 Kathryn Avenue, Sparta, WI 54656   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Sparta B&B and Inns
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Rest, Relax, and Enjoy the Outdoors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is our second stay at the B&B and we were again pleased! Both Don & Donna are gracious hosts willing to make your stay a memorable one! Nice to have hosts that are there when you need them and always willing to give you your space. The breakfasts are tasty and always send you away well fed! What makes this B&B is the ammount of outside activities, the trails, and the country setting. The men in my family enjoy the outdoors, and while they hiked and biked I spent time relaxing in the fresh country air! ( Bad Knee ) We all rented canoes and kayaks and spent an afternoon floating down the Kickapoo. I would rate this Inn a 5 star rating for the wonderful hosts, breakfasts, choice of cabins or rooms in the main house, and clean rooms. We've had the pleasure of staying at many other B&B's and if you want all the extras then you would be paying $300.00 per night. Again very pleased!

Room Tip: My adult boys stayed in the cottage and were happy with their rooms and kitchenette services. Even...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Donna J, Owner at Justin Trails Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2015
Thank you, Elizabeth, for your descriptive review sharing aspects for young adults and parents.
Don & I look forward to your return visit! Donna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The land at Justin Trails is just beautiful, better than we anticipated, better than the pictures. walking the disc golf trail was quite a workout. The wedding we attended was perfection on the train and in the barn. The breakfast was above and beyond - local fresh fruit, lots of bacon, homemade muffins, french toast, quiche, and excellent coffee. Don and Donn were as nice as can be. That being said, I was really let down by the the accommodations. its pretty expensive for the area at $175 a night. I expected more for the money. We stayed in the Lorna Suite. It was a very odd lay out, if pretty well appointed. There was no wi-fi in the room - any of the rooms - and air conditioning did not flow through the room that well. The televisions was odd and difficult to use with about 6 remote controls. We were only there for two nights and advised that we did not need a room cleaning, but wanted fresh towels. the towels that never came.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Donna J, Owner at Justin Trails Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
I am sorry that you were disappointed with the value you received for your stay. I have taken care of the too many remote situation. Thank you for your input regarding room servicing. I will be more vigilant in servicing rooms in the future.
Waupun, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband and I biked the Elroy-Sparta trails and stayed at this bed and breakfast. It was very quiet and quaint. If you want a rural Wisconsin experience this is the place to stay. We booked the Garden Suite and it was very comfortable. We requested our breakfast to be served in our enclosed porch. It was very delicious!!! Eggs, bacon, fresh strawberries, granola, yogurt and muffins. The grounds are well kept and they are always making improvements.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Donna J, Owner at Justin Trails Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
Thank you for your generous comments! The Garden Suite porch with east exposure is a warm sunny place for a "garden" breakfast.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Justin Trails was a perfect spot for a weekend get away. Our time was filled with skiing, tubing and snow shoeing. I'm gluten free and that was no problem for Donna. I felt very cared for and didn't feel like I was a bother. Everything was clean and ready for us. We also really appreciated the selection of games, books and movies in the lodge. We highly recommend Justin Trails and the hospitality of Don and Donna!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Donna J, Owner at Justin Trails Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
Thanks for the sweet review. Caring for special diets is easy as we eat gluten and dairy free, but have muffins and scones baked with regular flour as well. Bacon served on the side is a hit with most guests.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Both Don & Donna made our stay most enjoyable! Accommadations were comfortable! Nice to have a choice of either log cabin or main house lodging! Rooms are clean and breakfasts tasty! Great retreat for families or couples! Wide range of activties for summer or winter months. Price is very reasonable! Been to B&B's before, & if you expect all the extras and modern luxuries then you would be spending $200-$250 a night. Loved the hot tubs for their roominess in the suites. Tastefully decorated! Would rate this B&B a 4.5 I like all the extras and my husband likes the outdoor experience.

Room Tip: I like the suites in the main house, but my husband would rather be in a log cabin!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Donna J, Owner at Justin Trails Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
I'm happy to know that you had a great time enjoying the outdoors and the lodging. Time spent outdoors is a great way to clear the head and see life in a new perspective! Don & I look forward to your return visits!
Elm Grove, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband & I had fun weekend at Justin Trails recently. This was our first stay & found our room well decorated, comfortable sleep number bed, big bathroom, new TV & many other amenities to make our stay especially pleasant. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious with granola, eggs, thick cut bacon, & my favorite tea! We didn't eat again till dinner. Would definitely like to return!
Also got lots of excerise on snow shoes. Trails for skiing & tubing were great, too

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Donna J, Owner at Justin Trails Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
Don & I appreciate your positive comments. We look forward to your return visits!
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We just went snowshoeing at this resort and it was a blast! They offered snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and tubing. The trails were well maintained, prices were very reasonable, and the views were lovely. I will be bringing the kids back for tubing and try talking my husband into skiing! Loved it!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Donna J, Owner at Justin Trails Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
I will share your positive comments with my husband, Don Justin, who a 30 year veteran of trail grooming here at Justin Trails Resort. We look forward to your return visits. I provide ski lessons
for guests new to the sport.

Been to Justin Trails Resort? Share your experiences!