“A Long Time Favorite!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 26 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Family Fare
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: The Sister Bay Bowl is a family-owned, family-friendly landmark offering great food, friendly service, ample portions, full bar and just happens to have a six lane bowling alley. "Da Bowl" is located on the hill in heart of Sister Bay.
Oak Forest, Illinois
“A Long Time Favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have been visiting Door County for over 30 years and we have been eating dinner at the Bowling Alley for just as long.

In all those years we have never had a bad meal. This is old school Door County. Just down right delicious. My husband ALWAYS orders the ribs and LOVES them! I prefer their blackened whitefish (with onions). I understand that their perch dinners are the best to be had, but we never stray from our favorites. If we are there on prime rib night, then that is the meal to get!

When visiting DC, you have to include the Sister Bay Bowling Alley as a place to eat!

Chicago, Illinois
“The BEST Lake Perch I've ever had!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

A friend from work recommended this place and although the name kind of took me back (literally;) we were SOOO happy we chose to eat here! We both had the lightly battered fried lake perch dinner. It came with fries and a soup or salad and let me tell you, the portions were HUGE!! I counted SIX fillets that I could see but there were another four underneath. I'm a healthy light eater and I ate EVER last one AND two of my wife's!! They serve this seven days a week so you dont have to come only on Friday.

Twin Cities, MN
“Great food and great small diner location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were looking for a quick bite to eat after visiting cana island lighthouse.. Upon the recommendation from the lighthouse gift shop attendant, we head to sister bay bowl. We both had the Prime rib sandwich which was very juicy and a great value.

Chicago
“Classic standby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This place is our go-to restaurant. How can you go wrong? Food is always good, not a creative or frou frou menu, just reliable classics. Perch and whitefish and prime rib are delicious, simple always crisp and cold iceberg lettuce salad (you can request the dressing on the side,) real Idaho baked potatoes, or fries, and a classic piece of cherry pie if you have room. If you want a lighter dinner there is an extensive list of offerings. Always a filling meal and a nice family atmosphere. Expect a wait in tourist season, even the big old Wisconsin style bar is a lively enjoyable place to wait for your name to be called. We like to eat here especially during the quieter winter months. Our trusted reliable neighborhood restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Just a GREAT place to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

You can eat, you can bowl, you can do both! Two years in a row, we have been so happy that we sat through the wait and ate at Sister Bay Bowl. My husband had the perch both times and he just can't stop talking about how great it is - very fresh. I had the broasted chicken both times and it is just as good. We had the opportunity to speak with one of the owner's quite a bit this year (our condolences on the loss of your husband this past summer). This restaurant is run by good people and it is a fun place to be. We haven't bowled either time we've been, but it just looks so fun. The bartender was very nice - so waiting for a table isn't too bad.

Visited September 2012