This is our third visit here. The others were more "in season". The service has always been very good, the staff friendly and accommodating without being intrusive, The view of the bay is great and the area is mostly wooded around the grounds which are quite beautiful. The feeling one gets when one drives onto the grounds is that of getting away from the hustle and bustle of the area, even though the "action" is only a couple blocks away.
The standard amenities are present including free wi-fi in the rooms and computer/ printer in the lobby. They furnish a basic breakfast free of charge although there is no restaurant on the grounds. The rooms are fairly basic, but comfortable. There are suites available that we haven't yet stayed in and can't speak to, The rooms we have stayed in have in- room DVD players and a small refrigerator as well as cable TV. The price is consistent with other places in the area although we haven't found another place where the view is as good.
If you are looking for a place with a lot of activities and on site entertainment, this isn't the place for you. All of that is available within a few blocks of the Country House. The main charm of the Country House lies in its peaceful, tranquil surroundings where you can go for walks, enjoy the view, or just relax by the pool. If you want something more exciting, it is just a few blocks away.
We highly recommend it and plan to continue to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award winner - Enjoy a quiet, relaxing getaway at an elegant, adult, wooded waterfront retreat. Close to everything, yet away from it all. 46 rooms and suites, most with private balcony overlooking the rolling bluff, bay, fountains and gardens. Many with 2-person whirlpool, 2-person body spray shower and fireplace. Complimentary bikes, rowboats, tennis and an in-season European style buffet breakfast. Amenities include heated outdoor pool, whirlpool, sun deck, fishing dock and shoreline nature trail. Dogs accommodated is designated "dog friendly" rooms & suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your Country House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country House Hotel Sister Bay
- Country Hotel Sister Bay
- Country House Resort Sister Bay, Door County, WI