“Bakery staff not very welcoming” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Description: Phone number is 920.854.1137
Description: Phone number is 920.854.1137
Euclid, Ohio
“Bakery staff not very welcoming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stopped by the bakery since we had heard this was the place for the best baked goods in Door County. I did inquire and try the corsia bread which was quite good. Unfortunately, the person manning that station seemed bothered with my presence and wasn’t interested in talking (i.e. selling) to me about their product. I would have like to have bought some items but the other staff member followed me step for step and hovered behind the counter so I just left. It’s unfortunate because they had some very nice looking items. The prices were quite high.

Visited June 2013

Bettendorf, Iowa
“breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

breakfast was just ok. most certainly not the best panini I have ever had. however, the setting was most interesting and rather artistically done.

Visited June 2013
West Bend, WI
“'has gotten quite pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A nice place with great bakery and food. However, prices have really gone up. A bowl of soup was over $10!

Visited April 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good, but come early”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

So this was a nice little find. My wife, son (4), daughter (1), mother- and father-in-law, and I stopped here one morning for a bakery breakfast. We arrived just before it opened on the Sunday (9am) and there were already people lined up for the bakery.

We were about 4th in line behind some folks who looked like locals. By the time we got to the front, many of the popular items were getting thin. I'm sure if you showed up at 9:30, they'd have been gone. I think I heard that they don't actually "bake" anything on Sundays and so it's mostly the left overs, I can't confirm whether that's true or not.

The bakery items are pretty pricey ($2-3+ per item), but they were delicious.

We also bought a few coffees which wasn't brewed when they opened, so we waited a bit for the coffee.

The place feels a bit out in the middle of nowhere. It's basically inland from Ephraim and Sister Bay along Highway 57 near the intersection with County Q.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Great , but bring your credit card”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The place has great bakery, but $2.50, and $4 and more for one item?
No wonder people were not buying. Not the greatest on customer service. My hubby was waiting for Corsica Bread, which is great, and I was looking in the glass cupboard for treats. At no time did the man ask if I wanted anything- he could have sold me some- and I was waffling due to the price anyway, But, if he asked I probably would have. So, I saved my money. Others wanted to know if anyone was working at the deli counter to eat, they didn't seem to concerned they had a potential customer there either. If you have time and lots of money - go there. But if you want treats for the kiddos, go to the grocery store bakery down the road in Sister Bay at Piggly Wiggly.

• Visited March 2013