“Worst hotel ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake

You added AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake to your Saves list
AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   315 Highway 63, Shell Lake, WI 54871 (Formerly America's Best Inn & Suites Shell Lake)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shell Lake
East Jordan, Michigan, United States
“Worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed 2 nights for a wedding,NO toiletries in room, not even a sliver of soap, when finally staff brought some, the shampoo had been used, sticky and not full, coffeemaker, but NO coffee or cups, dried puke in the wastebasket, candy wrapper behind nightstand, lots of dust on lampshades and lamp fixtures, mostly empty toiletpaper rolls. Breakfast had jar of peanut butter, instead of individual containers, no fruit or yogurt, coffee was brewed by 6a.m., but cups were locked up and with NO Styrofoam cups in our room, nothing for us to pour some coffee into! Unable to access pool with room key, had to be buzzed in, dirt in bottom of pool, weeds growing in patio cement, outdoor chairs dirty, no umbrellas. Overall, I'd say that the owners don't have a high level of understanding of what cleanliness is and that they have become cheap to the point of ridiculous to not keep rooms stocked with inexpensive things like soap, unused shampoo and cups- I would not recommend anyone stay here for ANY reason- you'd do better to sleep in your car!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Baraboo, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Mixed bag at this property. The facility is good but the customer service and reservations service is not! The food is marginal at best. He will say he resolved my issues, but only becasuse I didn't have a choice. Others at the hotel taht we that we talked to also had issues. There is too much to go into so all I can say is be warry of this place!

Travelers are raving about these Shell Lake hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel was a last minute trip to see family with my daughter. loved the pool rooms were spacious staff was very sweet accommodating and helpful would d3finally stay again very family friendly my room was very clean hot tub was nice n relaxing after a long day of running

• Stayed May 2013
Brillion,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The staff was lazy and rude. Hotel is run by a young couple who have no concept of work ethic, and even less manners. No, correction. The young lady at least knew how to smile and was pleasant at check-in. Her odious and odiferous counterpart lacked even a shred of competence or decency. Breakfast was 30-40 min late each morning, cleaning supplies were left in our room, half-drank cups of coffee were left in our other room by the hotel staff, and our door would not lock. We could not even enjoy the hot tub as it was the temperature of three hour bath water.

On our first morning, and after waiting for 35 minutes to see someone at the desk, we asked if breakfast could be served on time. We were tongue-lashed by the defensive glazed-eyed male manager/owner who reeked of stale cigarette smoke and looked as if he had been high on crack.

When asked to speak to a manager, the scuzzy dude boldly claimed he WAS the manager and that he “answered to no one but himself”. At which point another unhappy guest chimed in that the hotel service was indeed proof of his statement.

I average 120 hotel nights a year and this place wins the prize for bad service and even worse attitude.

On a positive note, the entitlement children running the place will turn this into a complete dump in another year sparing future travelers even the false illusion of clean facilities and competent staff.

I contacted Americas Best corporate office and they have failed to respond. Seems the affiliated chain is just as lazy. Stay anywhere but here if you are in Shell Lake, WI and think twice about America's “Best” Inns.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Me and my family stayed there in the last week of June and me and family loved the place especially the pool and the breakfast was amazing and the staff was more polite than i ever thought they could be so if u want to stay in a hotel then pick this one I guarantee that you will enjoy your stay

• Stayed June 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stopped in at the hotel the week before we were going to stay, it looked nice in the lobby so we made our reservations in person. We told the girl at the counter that we had two dogs and she said they accepted pets, just be a $10 charge. I said that was fine and that I wanted one of the first floor rooms with it's own entrance since our one dog has hip problems and can't go up and down stairs easily. She said not a problem at all and took the reservation. When we arrived to check in the person working the counter was a kid about 12 years old, which I found strange. Then he said we were in 216, and I told him no, I was on the first floor. He then went to get who I assume was his mom, who proceeded to tell me that the only room available was on the 2nd floor, in the middle of the hotel, and there was nothing she could do about it. I told her we specifically booked a first floor room and told no problem. She said again, nothing I can do. I should have left then but it was late and 4th of July weekend and no where else to stay. There was no AC on in our room when we got there and it was about 95 degrees in the room. The pool had a sign that said don't use towels from your room, but there were none provided. The pool looked filthy and the hot tub was luke warm. We also found our dogs eating chocolate candy on the floor in the room which evidently hadn't been vacuumed. Then when I checked out she charged me $10 per dog, and when I told her that isn't what I was quoted she basically said, too bad. Worst "customer service" I think I have ever had. I'd sleep in the car before I stayed there again.

Pine City, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was the a nice hotel, with ridiculous customer service and managment!! We were double charged, and had to fight for money back....the guy literally shrugged everytime we complained! Our door did not latch and lock from inside, the air did not work for most of our stay....ZERO customer service!! My neice was verbally attacked in parking lot by someone who was not even a guest....Stay at your own risk....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake? Share your experiences!