“Bread & Bean Eatery” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Description: That's about it!
Description: That's about it!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Bread & Bean Eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Wonderful food every time I visit. Nice downtown atmosphere. Great staff. I usually go for lunch. Great combination of flavors in all the different sandwiches I have tried. The soup is also flavorful. Prices are higher than a lot of places, but the food is worth it.

Howards Grove, Wisconsin
“Decent lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My co-workers always really like coming here but it never has really impressed me. Some of them have labeled this place as being their favorite restaurant even. The sandwiches were good, the sides and desserts were ok. The prices are fair but the desserts are over priced.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Desloge, Missouri
“Cute, cozy, and so Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were on vacation and staying in Kohler and was recommended by a few residents to try this place. It was a quick 5-10 min trip into Sheboygan Falls and it was worth it ;) It is a cute and cozy place with amazing service. My husband and both ordered the pretzel crusted chicken... the chicken was cooked to juicy perfection the pasta was so good. Menu selection was really good and I wished we had gone back so I could have tried some more items. Had a great family feel but was romantic enough for couples too. Prices were fair in comparison to other restaurants such as the Immigrant, Whisting Straits, Trattoria stefano or Lino Ristorante. Highly recommend this great little restaurant especially if you want to travel outside of Kohler and Sheboygan :).

Visited July 2014
Chicago
“Chicken and Pretzels? Oh Yeah.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

It's called Pittsburgh Chicken and I can see why our waitress recommended the dish so enthusiastically. More on this in a moment. We had just finished canoeing on the nearby marsh and our guide recommended the Bread and Bean. It doesn't look like much from the street. Right on the main drag through town. But once inside, the place while small, seemed to welcome us with charm and style. Our waitress was very friendly and took wonderful care of our needs. We stared with bruschetta. Outstanding. Very fresh ingredients and the hint of sweetness in the vinaigrette was just right. I was on the fence of whether to order Cicero Chicken or Pittsburgh Chicken. Our server instantly said "PITTSBURGH." Oh man was it good! Tender chicken scaloppine dredged in pretzel crumbs. Nice and crunchy! The dish is served over a parmesan/pesto pasta. I wanted to clean the plate, but our server urged us to save room for dessert. Wise choice. The 3 of us each ordered something sweet... berry cheesecake for my wife, a chocolate layer cake for my son, and the amazing lemon cake for me. A perfect harmony of moist, sweet and tangy. If we lived nearby we'd eat here at least once a week.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Wisconsin
“Quick, tasty, delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I took my wife out for a weekday lunch and allowed her to choose the restaurant. She opted for the Bread & Bean Eatery in Sheboygan Falls. The server who took our orders at the walk-up counter was quite helpful with offering suggestions. Usually I would not order cream of celery soup, but based on her testimony, I went for it, as did my wife. We also each ordered a half sandwich. Although it was noon on a Friday, the food was quickly brought out to our table. The soup was terrific, as were our sandwich choices. Great place- I will certainly go there again!

• Visited May 2014