“It was lovely” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
“It was lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband I and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary on Wednesday the 11th of July and had a wonderful meal at Margaux. The wait-staff was wonderful and the food was excellent. It wasn't very crowed, which made me sad! GO PEOPLE! Perhaps it would help if their website was finished....

• Visited July 2012

La Crosse, Wisconsin
“One of the best dinners in my life!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Had a dining experience on Sat night of LPGA US Open weekend that was one of the top 5 Dinners I have had in my life.

Soup: Cauliflower, Cream & Curry Purée w/ Green Onion and Chinese Black Rice Sprinkled on Top

Entree: Carmelized Sea Scallops w/Pancetta Sweet Pea Purée, Pearl Onions, Carrot Purée Strip, & Crispy Carrot Steips w/ Potato Wild Rice Crispy Cakes ... Looks very close to the Thomas Keller recipe in Ad Hoc Cookbook

Wonderful desserts ... I had Watermellon/Basil Sorbet that was wonderfully fresh ... Hats off to the Chef ... Wow! Wow! Wow!

• Visited July 2012
Plymouth, Wisconsin
“Dinner Date”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Pam & I were looking for a relaxing atmosphere with good food. What we received was Fantastic cuisine in a comfortable ambiance. The small plate option & multiple decadent dishes. We will be visiting again soon!

• Visited May 2012
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Sunday Brunch -- Quiche du Jour was UNBELIEVABLE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is the first time I have ever enjoyed a single dish so immensely that I dedicated a special review to it.

For fathers Day, my wife treated us out for sunday brunch at Margaux and I got the Qucihe du Jour which consisted of: Chorizo, Thyme, Parmesan cheese, and pickled red onions accompanied by a honey & balsamic drizzle and arugula sprigs on the side. Photo attached.

I can't think of too many dishes that created such an immense explosion of flavors the instant they hit my palate---this was such an amazing dish that I ordered a second plate of it, and even considered getting a 3rd....it was just that good...

To Margaux management team, if you're reading this, I'd like to suggest you add this dish to the permanent menu. Grand slam!!!! You swung for the bleachers, but the ball landed in the parking lot on this one. Encore!!!

• Visited June 2012
Kohler, Wisconsin
“Mostly hits, some misses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Dined at Margaux last week for the first time. Most of the food was amazing but there were several disappointments. Margaux lets you order the size of your plate and accents small plates which allows a sampling of the menu without blowing your budget or your calorie intake. Cocktail service was slow but the drinks were very good when they arrived. The small strawberry arugala salad was great and not all that small. One of us had the lamb lolipop and raved about it. The star of our meals was the coconut risotto which was the bed for coconut shrimp and crab wontons... the risotto should be a dish by itself! To Margaux's credit, the waiter offered to bring a dish of it to one of us after she raved about it. The scallops were fabulous, served on a bed of fresh pea puree. The misses: the bacon mac and cheese (small plate) was miniscule and came swimming in truffle oil. Definitely looked and tasted unappealing. The flatbread entree also was less than tasty. That should come off the menu. Bacon ice cream for desert: intensely maple flavored with large chunks of bacon... too rich for most of us but it was fun giving it a try..
Overall, very nice and we will be back.

• Visited May 2012