“Beautiful Property!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Berlin, WI
“Beautiful Property!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We took advantage of the $99 Sunday night special and took the grandkids with us to stay in a loft room (3 queen beds - 1 bed in loft). We enjoyed the waterpark and were impressed with the lifeguards walking around and watching constantly. I wish we had had more time to spend at outside pool, walking the beach, eating outside at restaurant, etc. as it is a gorgeous place to take in but had to check out Mon. morn so hopefully another time we'll get to do more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I spent 2 and a half days at this Resort/Hotel/Restaurant earlier this week, and was very impressed with the facility. First of all, there are options for meals ranging from a very high end restaurant(Lattitude 43) to a sub shop where they make a sub while you wait at a very reasonable price. For families, there is a water park and some of the rooms including mine was set up kids with bunkbeds. Each room has a porch. Rooms on the East overlook a beautiful yard(where I did Chigung one morning) to a sand beach to Lake Michigan. There are walking paths for those so inclined and both and indoor and outdoor pool. I used the workout room and it had both weight machines and aerobic equipment. I do have problems with the pricing. I was there on state business, so the room was $70 per nite......undervalued. I'm going back in two months for a wedding where I'll be charged $210....way overvalued. The notice on the wall of my room said that they could charge up to $600 for my room.....absolutely absurd!!! I've been in $210 rooms and this is not one of them.

Room Tip: Get a room on the East side to see the lake. Get a room on the bottom floor on the East side if you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Okemos, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed with another couple in a 2 bedroom Villa. It was nice to share the space with our friends and have easy access to the resort restaurants and shops. Everyone here is very nice. We didn't spend anytime on the beach because it was a bit chilly for June. This would be a great place to stay during the summer months, especially if you have kids. The villa had a nice fireplace, kitchen area, washer/dryer and it was very clean. The spa was closed on the days we where there, so check the hours if you are planning on using the spa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great stay. We stayed in a 2 bdrm villa the end of may/beg of June. Was very clean and had a beautiful view of the lake. My 3 year old daughters loved the water park. We ate dinner at the beacon and had great service and food. We had breakfast at the beacon 1 of the mornings which was great also especially since our 3 year olds were free. The hotel and common areas were beautiful. Wish it had been less windy/cold during our stay so we could have been outside more. The only complaint I have is the the beach was full of broken shells and some driftwood so we couldn't really play on it. I have been spoiled by San Clemente beach in cal. which is raked and cleaned every day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We checked out on May 12, 2013 in a hurry, leaving our video camera in the room at the end of the bed. I didn't notice until I unpacked my families things the following day. I then called Blue Harbor and left a message on the lost and found voicemail. I received a call back advising they had not found my camera. I then left 3 messages for the housekeeping manager who never returned my call. I waited a few days and then contacted the GM. He advised me he would do an investigation and get back to me. Needless to say, I filed a police report with the Sheyboygan Police dept. They reviewed the info with Blue Harbor and that all employees that were in the room after we checked out deny seeing a videovcamera. Well I am sorry, this is just not acceptable to me. My son is 6, we were at Blue Harbor for his birthday. All of my sons captured memories since he was a baby is on the SD card in that camera. Along with my engagement surprise at my families Easter gathering and many more. I am just in tears while writing this. I just want the employee who stole my memories to please return it.
Courtney-Sturgeon Bay, WI

• Stayed May 2013
Avon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Beautiful hotel. My boys aged 6 and 7 loved the water park and so did my husband and I. We had the boat room and it was clean with plenty of space. Loved the balcony. The arcade and bear building at the kid's center was so much fun. The bonfire in the evening was a great activity which had a spectacular view of Lake Michigan and the boys had a great time playing in the sand.
We very much appreciated the gentleman at breakfast whom drew our kids pictures of a shark and a fish, made wonderful food and overall provided exceptional service. It was a such a relaxing vacation and I highly recommend staying here. So much fun!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Driving from Chicago to door county Wisconsin and we were stopping for a round of golf in Kohler. Didn't want to spend the extra cash at the American Club so decided to stay at the resort. The staff at check in were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, it took a while to get to the room since the elevator was very slow. The view of the lake shore from the room was very nice. I would like to go back if I had a little more time to spend. I will say maybe the cost do the room was a little high for what was provided but the property will give you a good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!