“Someone in housekeeping stole my videocamera!” 1 of 5 stars

Blue Harbor Resort
725 Blue Harbor Drive, Sheboygan, WI 53081   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
“Someone in housekeeping stole my videocamera!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We checked out on May 12, 2013 in a hurry, leaving our video camera in the room at the end of the bed. I didn't notice until I unpacked my families things the following day. I then called Blue Harbor and left a message on the lost and found voicemail. I received a call back advising they had not found my camera. I then left 3 messages for the housekeeping manager who never returned my call. I waited a few days and then contacted the GM. He advised me he would do an investigation and get back to me. Needless to say, I filed a police report with the Sheyboygan Police dept. They reviewed the info with Blue Harbor and that all employees that were in the room after we checked out deny seeing a videovcamera. Well I am sorry, this is just not acceptable to me. My son is 6, we were at Blue Harbor for his birthday. All of my sons captured memories since he was a baby is on the SD card in that camera. Along with my engagement surprise at my families Easter gathering and many more. I am just in tears while writing this. I just want the employee who stole my memories to please return it.
Courtney-Sturgeon Bay, WI

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Avon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Beautiful hotel. My boys aged 6 and 7 loved the water park and so did my husband and I. We had the boat room and it was clean with plenty of space. Loved the balcony. The arcade and bear building at the kid's center was so much fun. The bonfire in the evening was a great activity which had a spectacular view of Lake Michigan and the boys had a great time playing in the sand.
We very much appreciated the gentleman at breakfast whom drew our kids pictures of a shark and a fish, made wonderful food and overall provided exceptional service. It was a such a relaxing vacation and I highly recommend staying here. So much fun!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Driving from Chicago to door county Wisconsin and we were stopping for a round of golf in Kohler. Didn't want to spend the extra cash at the American Club so decided to stay at the resort. The staff at check in were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, it took a while to get to the room since the elevator was very slow. The view of the lake shore from the room was very nice. I would like to go back if I had a little more time to spend. I will say maybe the cost do the room was a little high for what was provided but the property will give you a good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went to this hotel for our son's birthday. I could tell by the pictures online that this was a nice hotel and I was pleased that the pictures were exactly like the room. We went on Super Bowl sunday so the hotel was not very packed, which we wouldn't have minded either way. The room was very clean and nice. The beds were comfortable and the room was one of the cleanest/nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. The tub was huge, which you don't see very often in hotels. The pool was great for both of our children 6 and 2. The location is beautiful!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice getaway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
chicgao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Took our 7 year old and 4 year old form quick getaway for Memorial Day Weekend. The hotel itself was much nicer than we ever expected. It is so much nicer and cleaner than Timber Ridge and the extra 1 hour drive from Chicago is well worth it. We had a Boathouse room. The kids loved it. They had their own space with a TV, a bunk bed and an extra bed which looks liked a rowboat. Just one item to remember, when they say check-in is at 4, they mean it!!! The waterpark is perfect sized for our aged kids. There is also a nice arcade and even a small kids club. The food in the waterpark was almost inedible. We had a pizza, chicken fingers, fries, and a salad. Truly the salad tasted rancid. There is a little shop in the lobby with coffee, ice cream, snack food etc. It was very reasonably priced and the staff was very nice. Our rep at the front desk, Laura, went above and beyond. She was incredibly nice and tried to do whatever she could do to help us. She even gave us coupons for free ice cream in the lobby shop.

When visiting Sheboygan, do your restaurant research. Most restaurants are closed on Sunday Night. The hotel is really not to knowledgable on what restaurants are open and closed, which I think is do to the schedule sheet they refer to is completely wrong. The hotel front desk even sent us for dinner at the nice restaurant in the hotel, called Latitude 43, which when we got to the entrance it was closed????? They then told us the restaurant we ended up,eating at, was closed on Sundays, yet we ate there on a Sunday.

We really enjoyed our stay and would return.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Vincennes, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We made Blue Harbor the second part of a vacation to Wisconsin and we are so glad we did! The room was so very nice that just walking in and opening the door onto the balcony to the lake view de-stressed us right away. The room looked as if it was brand new and the layout was well thought out, with the couch and tv area separated from the comfortable bed by a short wall. It had everything we needed - nice sized fridge, microwave, terrific water pressure. Most of all, it had staff that was very courteous, accommodating, and went out of their way to be sure we were pleased. The gift shop, which I learned is open to guests and non-guests alike, had well planned choices so we could choose something nice to remember the time spent at Blue Harbor. I got a small Vera Bradley item that I will see every day and it will make me smile to remember what a wonderful three days we had at a place we really liked. Planning a return!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I try to look for different areas to take my kids ages 5, 7, and 9. We found Blue Harbor Resort online and decided to give it a try. We arrived on a Saturday in May and found the resort not as busy as we thought. We were able to check in early and the kids LOVED their room which consisted of a set of bunkbeds as well as a day bed all tucked away into their own little "room" with a tv. The room was very clean. The ladies who checked us in were very sweet and gave the kids a ticket to get a free ice cream at the shop in the hotel.
We spent part of this day in the waterpark which I loved. It was big enough for my kids of all ages to enjoy their own things but small enough for me to keep track of all of them.
Then next day we headed into town. Sheboygan is a VERY clean and quaint little town. We shopped at a couple of shops and everyone was very friendly. There was a cute little ice cream shop walking distance from the hotel that we stopped at for some ice cream that we fell in love with. We also played on the beach and walked out a walkway to see the light house which was not far from the hotel.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a family with kids. I know this will be a trip my kids will talk about for a long time!

Room Tip: If you have kids I would recommend the rooms with the bunk beds. I know it costs a little more but...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BlueHarborManager, General Manager at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your nice comments. I remember traveling with my children when they were younger and I certainly agree about them having their own television! I hope you have a chance to visit again soon and please stop by and say hi!

Been to Blue Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!