“Don't waste your time!!” 2 of 5 stars

Blue Harbor Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   725 Blue Harbor Drive, Sheboygan, WI 53081   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
North Carolina
“Don't waste your time!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Don't bother! This place is a joke. When I checked into my room, I was surprised. The floor needed to be cleaned and vacuumed. Spots and dirt on the floor. I had a first floor room with a patio. When I stepped out onto the patio, there were cigerette butts everywhere. Clean it up people!! The room above me sounded like a herd of elephants. I could hear every conversation, their tv and their children running from one end of the room to the other until 10pm!!! The next day, the same thing. I called the front desk to complain about the noise and was told that QUIET hours were not until 11pm and that there was nothing they could do about it. What??? How about some courtesy to others around you!! And of course, after I called to complain about it, I swear it got worse. Thank goodness I was traveling alot and didn't have to spend much time in my room. It looks nice from the outside, but dont be fooled. It is not worth the price you pay. I will stick with the Hyatt!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
BlueHarborManager, General Manager at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
I'm very sorry about the housekeeping and noise issues you experienced. I too enjoy Hyatts. I think in general we are as nice although as a family resort, noise issues sometimes present themselves. We should have done a better job of correcting them. In terms of housekeeping, I'm frankly embarrassed. You fell victim to a total breakdown of inspection procedures in your room. Please email me at info@blueharborresort.com. I would very much like to make this right.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here in March for a family get away - decided on the Blue Harbor because of the shorter drive. Rates were conparable to the Dells.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom family suite with a Lake Michigan view. We checked in Saturday at approximately 1:30, and our room was already set. The lobby was amazing... very cool. The room was clean and nice too.

Our kids are 7 and 4. They were both more than content with the Water Park for Saturday (5 hours) and Sunday (2 hours). We didn't eat at the resort, but ordered pizza from Fayes and had it delivered. It was very good. We had also brought our own breakfast items, so I cannot comment on the food at Blue Harbor.

I found the staff to be friendly. When we had neighbors that thought it was appropriate to have their young kids play in the hall after 9:00pm, I called and they took care of it right away. Not the worst but we were trying to get our own kids to bed!

I also forgot my glasses there. When I called the housekeepers called me back in about 5 hours and are shipping them back to me. (I am paying though!)

I also woke up early Sunday and made some coffee to watch the sunrise over Lake Michigan. It was beautiful. The grounds were nice and the beach was fun for a brief but chilly walk.
We will be going back. It is a perfect drive time and perfect for our kids before they get too big!

The only complaint is they could have used another elevator. There was a long wait at times.

Room Tip: We were in room 403 which was top floor near the water park. It was nice and close to Breaker Bay.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice comments. I'm very sorry about the slow elevators. We did have one out of order during your stay. I too enjoy the sunrises over the lake! I hope you come back this season as we have some special offers that will enhance this experience such as Sunrise Coffee and refreshments served on our lobby patio. I also hope the next time you visit you will sample some of the family dining specials in our Beacon Restaurant.
Gurnee, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We just got back from a stay at Blue Harbor and overall we really liked it. I think in the summer when we could use the beach and more local places would be open it would be even better. Our girls really liked the waterpark and it is great for kids 8 and under. Staff was nice. My only complaints would be the resort fee added to the room. When paying $350 a night for 2 bedroom place, is it really necessary to add on a $20 resort fee? Just put it into the price of the room. Additionally there was something wrong with our account and each meal when we tried to put the cost back to the room it caused an issue.
We will definately return this summer and hope they correct the issues.

Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We brought our sons and a few of their friends to Blue Harbor for their birthdays and rented the two bedroom villa this year. Having frequented resorts in the WI Dells we had high hopes. Unfortunately we were disappointed. The villa was quite dated, although pretty clean. Our disappointment stems from the fact that we paid $350 for a single night stay so that we would have access to a full kitchen. To say the kitchen was grossly under equipped would be an understatement.

No corkscrew, no cheese grater and no knife longer than 4". I wasn't expecting a 5 star kitchen, but hoped for enough to put together a simple pasta dinner.

The water park is quite small, but probably good for families with younger children (ages 2-5.). Our kids (7-9) wished we'd gone to the Dells. Next time we'll spend the extra hour driving each way, and save a few hundred dollars by going to the Dells.

• Stayed March 2012
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed march 3rd 2012 in a family fireplace suite. Promised early check in that never happened...front desk staff was rude. Was never told breakfast buffet was in a different restaurant due to the construction. Restaurant staff was rude and food was cold and not good. Over priced and not worth the money....room not very clean either. Stay away and save your money!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your frank comments about our resort. We failed miserably to create a fun and relaxing experience for you. Please contact me at info@blueharborresort.com so we can make things right.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We were at Blue Harbor Feb 25,2012 for one night. THe staff was great and we loved the waterpark. The lobby was under construction so we are coming back again to see what a great job they did. We were in Unit 733. It was a 2 bedroom. Great location near the water park. This unit is probably one of the closest to the waterpark. I will request it again when we go back up there.

Snacks at the WaterPark are just OK. We had lots of food in the villa so it was easy to run back and forth.

The kids can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for 733
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
I'm glad you enjoyed your villa stay! As a tip for other readers, units such as yours close to the water park are in high demand when it's cold. The lakefront units have very high demand in summer months. We are anxious to hear what you think of our new lobby, restaurant and lounge. The vast majority of our guests seem to really like it- particularly the view of the lake and improved food and beverage concepts. Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review!
Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We were at Blue Harbor about a month ago and stayed in a Boat Suite. My two grandchildren (5 & 3) loved it. Unlike bigger water parks this was quieter and much easier to keep track of the kids. They loved the slides and lazy river. I thought the water could have been warmer but that would have been my only compliant. We were so happy we booked it again for the middle of March but this time will be staying in a Villa. If you have young ones this is perfect!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Blue Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!