“Needs upgrading” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Sheboygan, WI

You added Super 8 Sheboygan, WI to your Saves list
Super 8 Sheboygan, WI
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3402 Wilgus Ave., Sheboygan, WI 53081 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn - Sheboygan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Madison, Wisconsin
“Needs upgrading”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel needs a facelift. Fresh paint is great but when its slapped on with no attention to detail it makes the whole thing look dumpy. The water hookups were backwards in the shower such that you needed to turn it towards C for hot water. The toilet needs a new wax ring and the screws to be tightened--it rocked everytime you sat on it. The door chain was laughable as a security measure and the curtains did not close completely. The owners and staff need to pay better attention to the details.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at Super 8 with a friend, we were only staying overnight because we had a business appointment the next morning. The hotel was dirty, and was not cleaned up properly. The outside security door that required your hotel key to open the door was not locked and could not be locked, I told the manager and explained that the door was like this six weeks ago when a friend had stayed there. The manager actually told me that if my friend had reported it, he would have had it fixed. Then he made an excuse and said that 90% of the quests used that door, I asked him if the other 10% could be serial killers. No comment. So much for security. The person I stayed with smoked. She went outside with a styrofoam coffee cup with water in it that she used for an ashtray. The garbage receptacle was overflowing, so my friend came in and threw away the cups in the garbage can in our room. A few days later, I found on my bank statement that they charged me $300.00. I called the hotel and spoke with the manager. He told me I was charged for smoking in the room, and they had pictures to prove it. I requested the pictures, and he promised he would send me them, but it would take a couple days. Two days to download pictures from a digital camera? He also stated that when someone smokes in a room, in which we did not, they had to hire a "special sanitizing company" to thoroughly clean the room. The drapes had to be dry cleaned, everything needed to be specially sanitized, and the company had to clean the mattresses in a sterilizing way. This was a bunch of BS. They are so cheap, they would never spend the money to have a "special sanitizing company" come in, especially because no one had smoked in that room! The manager was very rude to me. I asked to speak with one of the owners and he told me that they live in Arizona, and he could not disclose any information on their whereabouts. The highest person I could complain to was him. I am calling corporate on Monday and I will have my bank stop the charges. I know I will not receive pictures, because they are lying. Good luck with this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
KS2B, Manager at Super 8 Sheboygan, WI, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your subjective opinion for Super8 Sheboygan, WI.

I sincerely would like to apologize for an unpleasant visit you had with us. We strive to make sure that all of our customers enjoy their stay with us and customer safety is our priority.

I assure you that I have already have taken actions to see what part of the hotel you felt was dirty and not cleaned up properly. I have also contacted a commercial door company to have a look at all of our exit doors to see if and why they don't function property.

I am sure you have received the pics by now via fax as you requested. I do apologize that you had to wait 2 days to receive the pics evidence. 920-459-4382 is the phone number for the City of Sheboygan Health and Environment Dept. and they will explain if the procedures are BS or not.

It is a huge disappointment that you think and feel that the management is LAZY because it takes 2 days to send you the pics, and CHEAP for not spending money to follow city procedures, and LIAR because you don't believe the Heath & Environment procedures and feel they are bunch of BS, and RUDE for trying to explain to you the state of Wisconsin smoking law & procedures of the City of Sheboygan.

I have explained to you over the phone that you have every right to do as you please. Again, you can contact the corporate office and share your subjective opinion with them as well. Since you feel that I am a LIAR and don't even want to believe the pics evidence, you can certainly try to dispute the charges.

The management at Super8 Sheboygan, WI will always follow city and state procedures, codes & laws to ensure safety of all of our customers.

Thank you once again for your subjective opinion and really appreciate having you as our customer.

Management Staff,
Super8 Sheboygan, WI
(920) 458-8080.
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My stay was very nice. The desk person is always available for later night check-ins. Very friendly. Room, bedding, floor, carpeting, facility very clean. They need new toilet paper dispensers that do not fall off, though. Continental breakfast ends too early. I never get to partake - even at 10 a.m. What's the rush? Why end it so early. Why not 11 a.m?

Room Tip: 1st floor - saves climbing stairs as there is no elevator. Bldg is only 1 stories.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Johnstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I very much enjoy staying at this motel. Great people and a great room. And so close to Road America! I would like to see more electrically outlets as in this day of so many electronic devices I have trouble getting everything charged! But this is common everywhere I stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Sheboygan, WI? Share your experiences!