“Excellent Beers & Delicious Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 143 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Cuisines: Pub
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Excellent Beers & Delicious Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The atmosphere is clean, inviting and appointed nicely. The beer menu is top of the line. So many to choose from, so little time... Unique specialties, seasonals and rare finds. You can try a sampler or fill up a boot. The bartenders are very helpful and full of great information on the beers. You also can get growlers filled.

The food is fantastic! The cheese curds are a must for any first timer as an appetizer. The Roasted Pork Flat bread is another great appetizer. The nachos are large and filled up with all the toppings. The Asian Tuna Salad with cucumber wasabi dressing is amazing. Our favorite sandwiches and wraps are the Buffalo Pork wrap and the Pork Schnitzel. My favorite entre' dish is the Chicken Cordon Bleu. My husband loves the Scallops and the Shrimp and Andouille. We have tried almost everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. Fresh seasonal vegetables, rosemary fries, home made chips and smashed potatoes as sides.
Desserts are great as well. I would suggest the creme brulee.

If you come after ten be sure to ask about their specialty pizzas. They have some of the most unique and absolutely delicious specials. We have had the spicy bbq pork, the meatloaf, the poutine and they were all great. We even bought some to take home.
Service is top notch. Attentive and pleasant.
You can dine in or outside. On a Sunday, you can have a big bloody and breakfast burrito.
Over all I would give this place an excellent rating and will be back for more!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This place was a nice walk from our hotel. The service and food were very good. Also Kelly was a great bartender and made us some great drinks! I will definitely be back for a night out the next time we're in town!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Worst Reuben I've ever had”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Based on looks, this place should have been great. Sharp decor and menu; very friendly service. We didn't get beers because it was noon and we had our baby with us. But we probably should have because except for the cheese curds, the food was a big disappointment. The Reuben was chewy and gross. The burger was overdone and tasteless. Maybe we just ordered the wrong things, but I would not go there again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Good service and beer....food not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went here with a group for a colleague's birthday. Everybody really enjoyed the beer selection. Our waitress was very attentive and remembered what we were all drinking and brought refills as necessary. She also willingly split checks for our party and even reminded us that gratuity was already included. The food was kind of meh... I had a reuben and while I appreciated that it wasn't super greasy, it just didn't have a lot of flavor. I couldn't taste the cheese. I can make a better reuben at home. Husband had the pork schnitzel sandwich which had kraut and provolone on a soft bun, and that was very good. Fries were just ok. Others in my group thought the food was just ok, except for those who had a burger...they thought they were excellent.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin, United States
“Great Food & Beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been to the 8th Street Ale Haus many times and I really enjoy their beer selection and their food. If you really love trying new beers its a great place to try. I would definitely recommend their cheese curds as an appetizer! I have also really enjoyed their Ale Haus Burger and the Shrimp Pesto Pasta.

• Visited July 2013