“TERRIBLE! Don't be fooled by false advertising on website.” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sheboygan
The Waters Edge Villas
650 South Pier Drive, Sheboygan, WI 53081   |
Chicago, Illinois
“TERRIBLE! Don't be fooled by false advertising on website.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I don't even know where to begin. My family and I booked this place for a relaxing, beach weekend and this place cast a serious cloud over our time in Sheboygan (and this was our first experience here!). They gave us the wrong unit (street facing instead of river harbor), it smelled of stale smoke, was unclean (dried gum on the floor!), there were remnants of the previous occupant, there were no sheets for the pull out so my sister had to sleep on beach towels the first night, the bedroom was so small that we could barely squeeze my 3 year old son between the bed and the wall on his travel bed...there was a futon that had stains on it, a table with only two chairs so we had to eat on the futon (that would explain the existing stains!), the office was never open for check in or check out, there was no welcome information, the list goes on.

All of this aside, the pinnacle of the weekend was our encounter with the manager, Tiffany, who was not sober at the time. I don't know how long she's been in the job and don't care quite frankly, but her customer service left much to be desired as she was argumentative and unaccommodating to any of our troubles. At one point, she actually said to us "what do you want me to do?" Perhaps I should have suggested she book me a room somewhere nice instead!

Supposedly, she has credited me some money off my room, but the fact that my card was already charged for the full rate and without my approval (and no receipt to boot), I'll believe this when I see it. Overall, DO NOT STAY HERE, unless you are looking for a place for a weekend of partying with your buddies and could care less about your surroundings. Even then, it's overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

I spent the weekend in Sheboygan with my family and some friends of ours. The villa we had was a 3-bedroom with a loft, 2.5 bathrooms, a full kitchen and two balconies. The view we had over looked the river and I could not have asked for a better view. The elevator made moving our luggage easier and more practical. There was more places to sleep than we had bodies to fill them with, which will make this a future stop for my family and I and a definite recommendation to anyone visiting Sheboygan. Any day that we asked for housekeeping to come in and clean up our unit, the housekeeper was there ready to help. The in house washer/dryer made it easy to do laundry. Honestly there was a lot of space I don't even think we used inside the villa. Passes were included in our stay and the kids had a blast at the water park. On the really humid day of our stay we went to the beach on Lake Michigan and what a gorgeous view... To make a long story short, if you are in Sheboygan or even in the area and you are looking for a place that will suit everyone's needs and more... I would recommend The Water's Edge Villas.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

A major disappointment upon arriving. Plenty of room in the kitchen/living area, bedroom is is a tiny 8x8 box with a double bed in it. Watch out for the side bracket, you'll bust up a shin in the first 20 minutes of arrival. Certainly not worth $700 for three days, maybe $300.

The biggest problem is trying to go to bed at night, the noise from below goes until 2am. There is a bar below room 4 and they are outside whooping it up until the early morning. Very unhappy with that. Should require people to go into the bar after 11pm and not outside for people visiting. No staff here to complain too..........

I leave you with one positive- it was close to downtown and the wedding we were attending and the view of the river was nice and the kitchen has everything you need.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

My family consists of my wife, 3 children and my father. We stayed in a 3 bedroom plus loft villa with a view of the Sheboygan River. There were 2 and a half bathrooms, plenty of room for all of us to get ready. One of the bathrooms has a 2 person jacuzzi bath, great for my wife and I. The kids shared bunk beds and had a great time at the Blue Harbor water park. My father was the cook all weekend and the full kitchen was stocked well. Any day we needed a freshen up, housekeeping was there to tidy up our villa. The office staff was more than helpful when we needed assistance. I noticed a fireplace under the HD television in the living room, a nice way to warm up in the winter. The fireworks display was amazing, the kids had a blast watching them. During the day there was a very peculiar cardboard boat race in the Sheboygan river, which was far more than amusing. I also took advantage of their Stay and Play golf package with The Bull At Pinehurst Farms. Unbelievable golf rates, a wonderful staff, a spacious villa with a view of the river... I visit Sheboygan semi-regularly and for future stays I will be going to Harborside Villas.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

The location is magical on Lake Michigan and on the Sheboygan River that the fishing charters are on.

Indoor waterpark, rooms that we slept 15 in, the best golf courses in the United States, and the best charter service Dumper Dan fishing charters. We limited out of 30 salmon between 6 and 22 lbs. 1.5 hours into our 5 hour trip.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
St. Louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We booked for up to 8 people. Upon arrival we were told that the room we had reserved had HVAC issues. The room we were given instead had a lot of space. Yet, bigger did not turn out to be better after all. Upon opening up the room we discovered that the dining room and living room only had enough seating to accommodate 4 people. Some of the dining room chairs were falling apart. When those concerns were presented to the kid who called himself “manager,” he tried to convince me that they don’t expect everyone would do things at the same time in the space. I had to remind him that people tend to eat dinner or watch movies together. Instead of him coming up with a solution, I had to insist that he pull furniture out of an unoccupied room. Another major flaw was the lack of WiFi in the room, which the web site says is included. Again, the “manager” danced around the issue by saying that the issue just popped up when they moved offices to the end of the building. He said he’d have someone fix it by mid-week. I sensed he was telling a story and it was confirmed in casual conversation with someone in one of the stores below who commented that the issue had been going on for about a year. He never followed up about WiFi. Finally, the condos were not well thought out. For example, bedrooms had one nightstand and almost no drawer space. The kitchen had nice black appliances, marble counters and backsplash but no under counter lights, so the work area was very dark. To sum up the whole experience, I’d have to say that Harborside Villas or The Waters Edge Villas, whichever name they go by now, is long on promise and short on execution. Here’s the good and bad from our experience:

The Good:
Large spaces
Waterpark included
Clean
Newer building
Blinds built in window, especially good if you have kids
Elevator which was good for getting luggage and supplies to 2nd floor
Nice size fridge
Good number of dishes and silverware
Good cabinet space
Beautiful view on the back side of condo

The Bad:
Nonresponsive staff and they never answer the phone when calling after hours.
Manager tries to avoid issues and is nonresponsive
Paint peeling on deck
Only sparse plastic cooking utensils are provided
No storage containers in the kitchen
One pot holder
Minimal pots and pans
WiFi does not work in room
Loud car and motorcycle noise when sitting on front deck
Dark kitchen
Vent fan does not send smoke outside
Weber grill is not maintained/cleaned
No place to pour ashes
No chairs or tables by grilling area
Hallway had all of the broken furniture collecting
One bed had a twin sheet on a queen bed
One couch missing hide a bed and sunk in the middle
One couch with hide a bed was very uncomfortable and bulged in such a way that made you feel like you were being pushed off
Living room chairs were very uncomfortable
One bedframe had large blocks protruding from the right side that caused one to hit their ankles
No recycling. We were told that the recycling dumpster is for regular garbage
Jacuzzi bathroom has a door but also has an opening over tub into room, which provides no privacy in bathroom

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

This place should not be ranked #1, please change the ranking so other people are not fooled. The non smoking unit reeked of cigarettes, the toilet was gross, and the whole place appeared not to have been cleaned in mths. The bedroom was extremly cramped,and the blinds did not provide any darkness to the room. The staff was non exisitant. Zero amenities.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Waters Edge Villas? Share your experiences!