“One of the best steaks ever” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 143 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tucson, AZ
“One of the best steaks ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We thought we'd go to a "Sheboygan institution" during our brief visit to this city. The restaurant is totally old school (kind a loungey atmosphere) but we had probably the best restaurant steaks we've ever had here (and we've been to Fleming's, Capital Grille, Sullivan's, etc., many times!). Tasty cocktails, too. Highly recommend!

Visited July 2012

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Good food, good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Rupps has a nice bar, sometimes featuring cheese and crackers. The food is American and always good. The kitchen is next to the bar behind clear glass, so the diners can see that the food prep area is clean. Reasonable food prices.

Visited March 2012
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
“GREAT BBQ RIBS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This is always a great place for a steak but I had just had steak the night before so I desided to try the bbq ribs which were the special for the night. Meat just fell off the bone, wonderful flavor and texture. Salad bar was clean and well stocked. Usually eat here about once a week and it's always great food and Jay the bartender makes some amazing martini's havn't made it through all 28 flavors yet but the ones i've had were quite impressive.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
“great steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

great food and a flash back in time with the decor , dark and quite witch i liked. and a relly nice bar.

Visited February 2012
Miami, Florida
“Good old fashioned Sheboygan Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is a good, decent restaurant in the small town of Sheboygan. I stopped in for dinner on Sunday night at the recommendation of my hotel as other establishments were closed on Sunday. It was a short walk from the Grandstay Hotel. A bit dark inside for my liking, I feltmlikemi was taking a trip back in time to the days of local supper clubs. This is clearly a local fixture and has been around for a while in the community. It is where the locals will come to eat. Maybe it is because I travel so much and get to eat in great restaurants, but my review of this venue is that it is not excellent nor is it mediocre. It is good, basic, tasty food. Service was also good as we're the prices. I might return someday, however, the fact that I was in Sheboygan for a week on business and only ate here once tells the tale. I dined at another local restaurant every night of my stay because it was excellent. In short, I liked Rupps, I just was not impressed. One must remember Sheboygan is a small town and for Sheboygan, this is very good basic dining.

• Visited May 2012