“Favorite Place to Stay in Sheboygan, WI” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)

You added Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3823 Germaine Avenue, Sheboygan, WI 53081   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Clio, Michigan
“Favorite Place to Stay in Sheboygan, WI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

During 2011 I have stayed at this Holiday Inn at least 6 times. They are consistant with Holiday Inn's new standards. The third floor is newly added and has bigger bathrooms and newer beds, but the entire hotel is fresh and up to date. Although all the staff are wonderful, if you are really lucky you will be there when "Susie the Breakfast Server" is maning the continental breakfast (sorry, not sure what her real name is, this is the nick name we gave her for her bubbly personality and over the top service).

I'd recommend this hotel to any family and friends traveling to the Sheboygan area. Closest thing to a bad experience here was in 2009 during the construction of the third floor. Plastic sheeting on some scaffolding outside my window kept blowing in the wind and waking me up. I complained in the morning, and was IMMEDIATELY moved to another room (hotel staff even assisted me) and I was kindly chastised for not calling to complain in the middle of the night.

I now have family in the area and will definitely be back to stay. It is my home in my newly adopted hometown.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Bridge_Girl57,

I was review past responses and wanted to take the time to thank you for your feedback. I also wanted to let you know that "Suzie" is still employed by us and as wonderful as ever! We hope to see you again in the near future- and we have no construction planned for the future so there will be no issues.

Lindsey, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mpls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

What a nice town. Stayed at the Holiday Inn express and it was great. Spent some time down by the harbor and loved the place. Ate at Al & Al's German Resturant and could not have enjoyed it more. Really recommend this town for a nice weekend visit.. There is a place called Blue Harbor right on the lake front but inspite of being or seeming like it was a really nice place. I could not afford it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
False Bay, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was my second weekend stay in a number of years at this location for a driving event up at nearby Road America (25 min away). Clean, modern room incl. bathroom. Nearby restaurants as well as a Wal-Mart down the hill from the hotel. Filling, FREE hot breakfast in the morning. To be honest, this HIE was my fallback hotel as the cheaper Baymont Inn in the closer-to-the-track Plymouth, WI was full. Nonetheless, very happy with the stay. Would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I've stayed here many times over the years and the staff has always been helpful and friendly. Comfortable rooms, breakfast and two-hour cocktail and snack in the evenings.

Very convenient for business trips.

Room Tip: Off the road location, so no noise issues in any room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Saint Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan...it appears to be a new property, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the hotel is easy to find. There is a Harley Dealer, Wal Mart, gas station and other useful places right in the area. It is near downtown as well. We were recognized as Priority Club Members and received a couple goodies which was a really nice touch.

We didn't spend much time in the room, but it was super clean and comfortable. Nice TV, bed/bedding, everything! This is one of the nicest/best Holiday Inn Express properties we've ever stayed at, I would/will definitely stay here again if/when I am in the Sheboygan area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Without going in to the details of what a Holiday Inn Express provides in the USA (see their website for more info), what I can say is it was Exactly what I was looking for in accomodation on the run. I could not fault it. I am a Holiday Inn Express convert now. make sure to join their Preferred Customer program at the first stay. You get points to use later on. The free breakfasts are great and you can get a coffee all day usually, also for free. There is a huge Walmart right near the Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan for all your travel needs. Do not go past this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear Cherokee235,

We are really excited that you enjoyed your stay with us! We know that it takes time to fill out surveys and your additional comments are much appreciated! We know that you have many options when you stay in Sheboygan and we are very happy that you picked us!

We value your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Columbus, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed for a class. Staff was helpful and friendly. Some of our group got lost downtown and they were able to help us get them back to the hotel. Rooms were clean and spacious. Would go back again with my family. So much to do and see in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Kim O,

Thank you for your time to write this review. The staff here at the hotel takes pride in knowing the area and helping out our guests. We appreciate your business and hope to have you stay again with us in the future.

Lindsey, GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)? Share your experiences!