“Very hospitable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Florence, Oregon
“Very hospitable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

Clean and comfortable with great location close to restaurants. Very accommodating to special needs. Extra points for double sheeting and fridge.

• Stayed April 2012
HWHotel, Manager at Harbor Winds, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Appleton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Great value with beautiful view of river right outside of hotel. Schwartz fish market right across the street for easy access to some nice take out for Friday evening. Generous sized refrigerator in room. Only cons were it was hard to close drapes completely and I wish it would have had a little more of a blanket on the bed, but will definitely stay there again at the price I paid.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you comments in regards to your recent stay with us. I assure you that I will be inspecting the drapes in all rooms to make sure that they are working properly. There is an extra blanket and pillow in the armoire in each room so I will make sure that my staff is making each guest aware of this fact. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and I apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. We look forward to your next visit.
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

My first time in Sheboygan. I stayed here a few weekends ago. The front desk clerk was very kind, patient and informative. Check-in was a breeze. Each time my travel party and I left and returned, we were politely greeted. The hotel is small and quiet. We found our room to be clean and beds adequately comfortable. There is a continental breakfast that was fine as far as continental breakfasts go. The hotel is right on the river with nice river views. Restaurants and bars are close by. Overall, it was a great place to stay at.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Its a great place to stay! The staff is super nice, and helpful in recommending what to see and where to dine. The location is excellent, close to everything. The boardwalk is right outside the door,literally, which has some very unique restaurants and shops. I would recommend the Harbor Winds to anyone and everyone!

Room Tip: River side rooms have 2 double beds, Parking lot side has king size beds.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin,

Thank you so much for the very nice review. If there is any way we can be of service in the future please let us know.
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Sheboygan. I had a VERY CLEAN Hanicapped room with a river view for $71. a Night. Boaters can dock at a Pier right in front of the Hotel. VERY easy walking distance to Fishing Boar Charters. 3 Nice Restaurants, again wthin easy walking distance. SUPER Friendly staff. I noticed some ANCIENT Reviews that complained about the staff. Those reviews should probably be removed. Staff has certainly turned over in the last 6/8 years.
I only give it 4 stars, because the HW Hotel is not as good as it used to be. Buffet Breakfast no longer has those great Pastires. And Cable no longer has HBO. Hotel a short ride from the interesting Kohler Art Museum.

Room Tip: When you book use the comments slot. They DO Read them.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
HWHotel, Manager at Harbor Winds, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize about the HBO, until I read your review I was not aware that it was not working properly. We did solve the issue and you will be able to enjoy that amenity on your next visit. The pastries for the breakfast will be returning as we go into our busier season. When you return, please ask to speak to me and I will make sure that all of your needs are being met. We hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our first trip to Wisconsin. It offered a great halfway point between flying into Milwaukee and going to Green Bay. The staff was welcoming, friendly and accomodating. The continental breakfast offered variety and kept us full! Sheboygan is a cozy town and this hotel has a great location. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2011
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed at Harbor Winds in October 2011. I found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful, the location to be terrific, view of the water, and very very clean. The free breakfast is pleasant the the dining room looks onto the water. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Harbor Winds? Share your experiences!