“Our first time.....excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Our first time.....excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We were invited by friends to join them for dinner at Messina's. It was our first time, they had been there once before for the Wed night pasta buffet. We went on a Wed night but because of the holidays they weren't offering that so we ordered off the regular menu. We each ordered a different entree and they were all fabulous! Our waitress was very attentive and the atmosphere was pleasant. Will definitely go back! The prices were reasonable for the portion sizes. If I had one complaint it would be the piece of homemade French silk pie I had for dessert. It was delicious but after a wonderful meal it was a tad disappointing how small the piece was for $6.00. Overall a definite gem!

Grafton, Wisconsin
“Always good - and they go the extra mile.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I moved near Saukville and tried Messina based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. We’ve been there several times and it has always lived up to the positive reviews. Good food, well cared for, VERY pleasant and efficient staff. We love the wrapped cheese sticks and the eggplant strips for appetizers. The menu is not overdone, and offers traditional Italian choices at fair prices.

We also had an extraordinary experience at Messina… the first time we went there, we were overcharged on our bill. We didn’t notice because we were joined by friends and picked up the bill for the four of us. We paid with a credit card, so they had our name… but our waitress (with the restaurant owner) tracked us down online and she left a voicemail for me at my office to let me know what happened and apologize. The owner was also very apologetic and offered me a refund on the card, cash, or a gift card – whatever I preferred. I thought it was awesome that they went through that kind of trouble to do the right thing! I chose the gift card to ensure them we’d be back. They sent me the gift card right away – and we redeemed it soon after. Great service, indeed!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wisconsin
“Phenomenal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

What a great place. The atmosphere was nice, service was outstanding and the food was terrific. When I had lunch there on a recent Friday, the waitress covered all of the tables in the dining room as well as the carryout customers, and did it with impeccable timing. I had to comment to her and to the owner afterwards as to how impressed I was. The owner told me that this waitress has been with him since the place opened, which by the reviews in the lobby appear to be around 2006. That says something.
This was one of those menus that I would have loved to try everything. I can't lie - when I am in a restaurant for the first time and they are bringing dishes to adjoining tables, I always have to look and see how they look. Everything looked very tasty. I will try the pizza next time as I have heard so many good things about it.
Will definitely be back.

• Visited October 2012
cedarburg
“Excellent pizza buffett!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This review is for the Thursday pizza buffet which was amazing! Everything from the salad, the Italian Wedding soup to the pizza tasted fresh and delicious. I am very picky concerning pizza crust, and this pie had a very authentic taste. Service was also very friendly and welcoming. Messina's delivered a top notch experience!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Clean place with great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This was the first time in awhile that my wife and I were back here. We used to come here more often but have found another place for Italian food. We had the pizza. The wait staff here always have great service. The place has a very nice atmosphere and the bathrooms are always clean. The food is good enough to keep coming back. I recommend this place for locals. However, I go to a Sheboygan place for Italian food now.

• Visited May 2012