“A great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

2517 Main Rd., Dedham, ME 04429   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Dedham B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Windham, New Hampshire
“A great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at the Lucerne Inn last night while on a business trip. It exceeded my expectations in every way. I was warmly greeted at the front desk and they made sure I got a room that met my needs as a business traveller. The bar had a very friendly atmosphere and I received excellent service. The dinner was simply incredible. It was one of the best steaks I have had in a long time, including expensive dinners in Boston. I was also very impressed with the Wine selection to accent the wonderful flavors of the entree. The chef's have done a great job of creating specials that are truly unique at a very affordable price. I was lucky enough to meet the owners and they made me feel very welcome during my entire stay. I will definitely stay here every time I visit this area. I highly recommend both the hotel and the restaurant! Enjoy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
thelucerne, Owner at The Lucerne Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was my first Sunday Brunch experience! This is a lovely inn with a fabulous brunch buffet! If you are in the area on the weekend you really need to make reservations! It is a very popular place! They are also a popular place for weddings. Wedding parties often stay at the inn so, the dining area can fill up quickly! It is so beautiful, you don't want to rush, but you also know there are others waiting to be seated. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help as needed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much!
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here on the way to Acadia. Would not come back and recommend you drive by. They advertised free wi-fi and great views. We got neither. Wi-fi did not work from our room. When I inquired at the front desk, they told me to connect here and walk it back to your room. Inconvenient at best and didn't work. We were in room 3 with the bar above us and a patio with a private party going out our window -- no view and no privacy. To make it a total bust, the mattress was so old it hurt my back and the extremely limit cable tv package offered not even a single channel acceptable for kids. Will never be back, very disappointing.

Room Tip: Terrible for kids or business travellers
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
thelucerne, Owner at The Lucerne Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I am very sorry that you were not happy with your stay here. We have completely rewired the internet and upgraded our routers. The mattresses are one and a half year old Serta Presidential Suite perfect sleepers which we normally get rave reviews on. We offer 19 channels of television for our guests. Thank you and i hope you reconsider staying with us again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Lucerne approximately 2 weeks ago. I fell prey to their self-proclaimed hype as a place to go for relaxing. We were unable to enjoy a quiet dinner because there was a wedding party with a band right outside the glass partition. Very unpleasant. So we retreated to the sanctity of our room. The quiet was not to be found there, either. The band and announcements from the microphone were so loud, our room reverberated from the base, and we were able to clearly identify each song being played. This went on until past 9:30 pm, when I couldn't take it any longer and went to the front desk to complain. The Assistant Night Manager told met here were parties scheduled for every weekend of the summer and there was nothing they could do. Would have been nice to know that up front so that an outside facing room could have been booked....or a decision made to stay elsewhere. It was not until I asked for the manager's name and job title that I was offered a room change. Initially I had been told this was not possible. At 10pm, the band was still going strong, despite assurance from the front desk it would end by 10. We moved to our new room, which was located in an adjacent building. The building was unmarked and unlit from the outside. The entrance key did not work on either the front door or side door. While attempting to check the back door, I tripped over a sprinkler head protruding at the corner of two sidewalks. The room was up 3 flights of stairs, and there was no elevator. The room had no A/C on, and took well over an hour to reach a livable temperature. The Lucerne Inn also makes a to do over their large whirlpool tubs....yet they fail to provide any bubble bath. I felt the experience was sub par...especially for the price. And one can forget about posting accurate feedback on their Facebook page. The screen all comments up front, and only repost the positive feedback; leading on to believe everyone leaves satisfied. Do yourself a favor and inquire about parties in advance, or you will be sorely disappointed

Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

First let me say how much we enjoyed our wedding. The staff made it seamless (okay no wedding is perfect) but they went above and beyond what was necessary. Our event planners Danielle and Brian were so helpful and accommodating. What a great experience. The food was excellent. I have a gluten allergy and asked that it be accommodated. Not only did they accommodate it, they made it spectacular. No one knew it was gluten free.

We had some odd decorating requests, including removing the art work from the walls of the Overlook so we could put up our own. The staff not only agreed but thought it was a fantastic idea. The room was set up the evening before and we had access to it exceptionally early. Our wedding was in off season so the rate was extremely reasonable (less than a lot of "do it yourself" places).

I can't rave enough about the staff, Danielle was amazing to work with and from the very beginning we knew we would have our wedding there simply because of her. We went in on a day in July in our shorts and ratty t-shirts and we were treated no differently than if we had shown up in khakis and polos.

The whole weekend was great. We set up the room. We had a fabulous rehearsal dinner with the pub menu that was customized for us! The wedding went off without a hitch. The rehearsal was to die for and then the next day we had the Brunch which was AMAZING!!!!

The rooms were very nice. The honeymoon suite in the Overlook is beautiful. I can't say enough great things.

Room Tip: Room 9 has a decent view... room 8 is haunted! Get a view of the mountain! Especially in the fall!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
thelucerne, Owner at The Lucerne Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Thank you so much. It was our pleasure to host your wedding.
Steve Jones
Innkeeper
Smyrna, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stay here a few times per year on business and find it to be adequate but can understand why people who book it for a luxury getaway are disappointed. While all of the rooms are good sized, have adequate storage, jetted tubs, heated towel bars, Keurig coffee makers, and fireplaces, they also have 1980's decor, worn furnishings, creaky floors, no elevator, thin walls, and questionably functioning A/C. The suites in their annex building are in better condition, have comfier beds, and are newer but still have slightly dated decor. As other reviewers have stated, the front desk clerks can be less than professional (both in appearance and attitude) but on my last visit I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by someone who appeared to be new. She was fabulous...wish she'd been there when I check out though because the morning girl was back to what I've experienced in the past.....sigh......
The food, however, is wonderful, and the "wine down" Wednesdays with 1/2 price bottles of wine with dinner are a nice value. Both the pub menu and the dining room menu have a variety of food to please just about anyone and I've always received fabulous service from the waitstaff. The exterior of the property and the views are picture-perfect and, while I don't golf myself, have heard its a nice course.
Would I stay there again? Yes. Would I go there for dinner? Absolutely. Would I book it for a special getaway? Sorry, no.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the annex. If you must stay in the main building, avoid 3rd floor if you have lot...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
thelucerne, Owner at The Lucerne Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2012
Thank you for your review. We had installed brand new state of the art A/C heat pump units with digital controls in all guest rooms in April 2011 which have a nice modern look and have operated well to the best of my knowledge. In July of 2011 we installed custom made curtains, valances, comforters, and dust ruffles which have received many compliments. All mattresses have been replaced with Serta Presidential Suite perfect sleepers,and one executive suite has a Tempurpedic along with U.S.A. made 250 thread count sheets and pillow cases. We are in the process of replacing all televisions with flat screens and refinishing the furniture. We are also working very hard on our front desk trainings to ensure a friendly and accurate experience for our guests.
We are very fortunate to have a wonderful kitchen staff and are getting rave reviews so thank you for your kind words.Lastly, I do feel that we are a great get-away location and are always trying to improve in all areas of inn-keeping. Thank you, Steve and Rhonda
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We have nothing but postive things to say about our stay at the Lucerne Inn and have highly recommended it to anyone travelling in the area. This was our second stay there and it is a pleasant change from the big chain properties. We availed of the stay and dine promotion, which we would also highly recommend. Our room was very clean and had many wonderful amenities. Fireplace, headed towel rack, king bed and sitting area. The staff were very friendly and professional. I had a wonderful birthday.

Room Tip: honeymoon/executive suite, amazing view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
thelucerne, Owner at The Lucerne Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Thank you so much. We really appreciate your kind words.

Been to The Lucerne Inn? Share your experiences!