“A nice place to stay in the north woods!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Whitetail Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Germain
Whitetail Lodge
You added Whitetail Lodge to your Saves list
8918 Hwy 70 West, Saint Germain, WI 54558   |
“A nice place to stay in the north woods!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Im not sure what some of the previous reviewers had for expectations, but I've been very pleased with both stays. Top priority is a clean room and facility...in this regards I had no complaints. You feel that the cleaning staff takes their time and thoroughly clean the rooms. My stay was in the summer and the patios and deck were a nice touch. There is good food close by, true it's not on site, but within walking or short drive. Yes there could be minor updates, maybe furniture, but it's surely not a deal breaker. Thank you Whitetail for an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed July 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We recently stayed at the Whitetail Lodge 2 nights (Fri. & Sat.). Our room had 2 queens with very comfortable mattresses. The room was spacious and had both a refrigerator and a microwave. The lodge is set back from the highway and was very quiet. The bike trail was very close to the lodge. We went for a 40-minute ride shortly after we arrived and then came back for a dip in the swimming pool and then we relaxed in whirlpool. The whirlpool was especially nice. We biked the next morning from the hotel to downtown St. Germain for breakfast. The ride was great--not too far and on a well maintained paved trail. The continental breakfast buffet at the lodge was nice, but we only ate there our last morning before we started on our way back home. The lodge was just a short walk away from a restaurant named the Whitetail Inn, and we had dinner there our first night. All in all, we found the Whitetail Lodge a great place to stay and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The rooms and common areas are kept very clean. The rooms are nice and have plenty of space. The furniture (sofa, chair) could use some updating. They were pretty saggy and not very comfortable to sit in. Bed was OK. Bathrooms were clean and OK. The property is beautiful. Pool, deck area are very nice. The staff seemed friendly. The included breakfast was a little skimpy. Just donuts, toast, bagels, coffee, juice. Not even any cold cereal or milk. Even at the super 8 you get the waffle maker and usually hard boiled eggs, certainly milk. I've never stayed anywhere that had so many signs on 'don't do's' -- don't use the regular towels if you have makeup, don't run the fireplace except....., don't use the patio door for room access, don't cook in the room...including crockpots, electric fry pans, etc. BTW there is a refrigerator and microwave and large counter. I wouldn't have thought of cooking until they said not to! I'd probably stay here again.

Room Tip: This property is really spread out and the only entrance is the center main entrance and the parking...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I am not sure about a couple of the reviews. The Staff has always been GREAT and courteous. No one has ever been rude or cocky. I have been coming to this place for years and never had any problems.

The Value is there and so is the service!

I would recommend to everyone looking for a very enjoyable north-woods lodging experience.

Room Tip: All the Rooms are very large. Ask for a room in the back. They have the best views of the woods, and...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

So sorry to read the previous reviews...I have been staying at the Whitetail Lodge in Saint Germain for the last 6 years. I travel to the area 3-4 times a year to visit family and friends and always choose to stay with them. They are located just outside Saint Germain, a stones throw from the great biking/hiking and snowmobile trails; they are also located just across the street from the Saint Germain Golf Club, which is a fun, yet challenging course, and several places to grab a bite to eat. I have always experienced the staff to be very welcoming and helpful; no matter what time of the year, they always have up to date weather forecasts and great recommendations for places to grab a drink, meal and things to see and do.

There have been many recent upgrades too, including a nice flat panel screen TV in the lounge area, as well as in each room. I have also noticed that my cell phone reception has also gotten a lot better ( a few years ago it was near impossible to get any type of reception and now, even with my smart phone, I can make/receive calls and access the internet).

Another thing that I can speak to is their rates. I know that they have not gone up much, if at all in the time that I have been staying there. They do provide a modest, but nice, continental breakfast with juices, coffee, teas, bagels, muffins, pastry, yogurts and fresh fruit.

I know I will be returning again; it's the perfect place to rest up so you can play hard!

Room Tip: The hotel is one floor and all of the rooms have patio access; this access is limited to the nicer m...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The rooms are not $120 a night rooms, if you are going to charge that at least be up to par with a Hampton Inn. The people there are rude, mainly the older tall guy with gray hair. Bad breakfast. We had a group of guys so having a bar and restaurant connected was key, their website says their "19th Hole" is on the same property, not so, its way down the road and was closed. Thankfully there are many other nice places in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012 via mobile

Not sure where previous reviewer stayed but we states their for nights while they were there and has a great experience. The restaurant that is near the lodge its the Whitetail Inn not the 19th hole amass we opened out patio door several times and were never funded.. Lol. The hotel staff was great. They have a great spot right in front of the hotel to park your sleds it would bed unsafe. To park in front of your rooms in car of a fire. Maybe some people are to lazy to walk 50 feet from turret posting area to the hotel. I also had management ask me about trail conditions so they could keep incoming guests informed. This is a very nice place and we will stay here again. They are an easy 1/2 mile from a gas station and close to Sisters Saloon and Blink Bonnie's I get upset when I read reviews like the previous one that is false.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Whitetail Lodge? Share your experiences!