“Great Breakfasts & Lunches” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Great Breakfasts & Lunches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

DJ's has made quite a splash in the little Northwoods town of St. Germain, so I thought we'd have a quick lunch and see what the hubub was all about, This standalone restaurant sits on the main drag through town and has about 14 tables and a tableservice counter. Unfortunately for us, every one of those spots, including the the ones we got seated at appeared to have been filled in the 15' prior to our arrival, resulting in a case of dreaded "kitchen overload." The menu accentuates hearty breakfasts served through lunch, fried fish, and sandwiches. There's a fish fry Friday nights, the only evening the restaurant is open. Unfortunately we had to wait 40' for our food, but when it arrived, it was great. My wife's omelet was big and tasty. My fried walleye sandwich was amazing. The piece of fish on it was a foot long and 2" thick. A hoagie bun was needed to corral it. It was tender and had a nice taste. Table service was excellent despite how busy things were. We received multiple apologies for the delay we encountered. It's clearly a family operation from top to bottom and everyone cares about how things are going. As we left, almost everyone else in the place had eaten and departed. It's too bad we hadn't arrived just a few minutes later, our experience would have been even better. We'll be sure to visit again in the near future.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Galesburg, Illinois
“ok ok, MAKE SURE YOUR HUNGRY!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have vacationed in the North Woods every year for the past 25. I want you to know having breakfast with DJ and his family is required whenever in the proximity of St. Germain Wisconsin. The room is bright and well done. Tables are a bit close but that gives you a better view of your neighbors plate. OMG the food is dynamite! My wife's favorite is the Walleye breakfast. mmmmmm good! I like the skillets, all are good. I really don't think you can pick anything bad, it doesn't exist at DJ's. The service is superb. DJ him self scurrying around and everyone else in 4th gear cruzin the tables taken care of business. Great personalities and a good feeling of home, and you are being taken cared for by experts. BTW the cinnamon rolls are HUGE, and twice as good. Well done. Make sure you look at the pictures on the wall and above all..... have fun.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sudbury, Canada
“FAB-ulous!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We found this restaurant by accident, when we drove up to St Germain to go to the US Bank there. We saw it and stopped in for breakfast. Now, whenever we go up that way to see family, we make the time to go for breakfast or lunch as much as we can. The cinnamon bun french toast is amazing, and so is the rest of their food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison, Wisconsin
“DON'T MISS THIS FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am a 67 yr. old well travelled professional. I've eaten more restaurant meals than I can remember or even count. I rate DJ's among the best anywhere (that takes in Pier 4 in Boston and Brennan's in N.O.!) Great food (don't miss the Perch!), atmosphere (N. woods casual), service, and value. DJ is a terrific young man with a lot of talent and wonderful personality! The food is so exceptional we talked about it for days!! Congratulations DJ---you get MY award for top N.WI restaurant!!

Visited June 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best Food In The World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have eaten in many countries all over the world and I am not exaggerating when I say the two meals I have eaten at DJ's were two of the best I have experienced anywhere. Everything I have tried is just superior to any other establishment anywhere. The fact that DJ's is in St. Germain Wisconsin is a loss because a limited number of people get to enjoy this amazing experience. It is a bargain at any price.

• Visited June 2013