“Excellent home town food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Gurnee, Illinois
“Excellent home town food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Had wonderful breakfast and my husband insisted on returning the next day for another meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wisconsin
“Great Food, Friendly Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We had planned on eating at the Wolf Pack Cafe but they were closed so we came to DJ's. That was lucky for us. I had the crepes with granny smith apples and caramel. I was a little worried I would get a crepe with hard chunks of apples and find of caramel on top of my crepe but they were chopped up finely and cooked on the crepe with caramel drizzled on top. We are here twice after tyring the wolf pack cafe.. This is a great little gem in the northwoods.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
not Chicago
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Just wonderful food and host! I had blue gill and eggs for breakfast one morning. Never had that combination before - can't wait to have it again. Great chili. Everything the four of us ordered was cooked to perfection. Friendly, pleasant atmosphere.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northern Wis.
“The Greatest and Friendliest Family Restaraunt in the Wisconsin Northwoods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

DJ's

I can alway's say that through the years since Dariwin and his sister Heather have been operating this place, you will not find a better down to earth homstyle feeling family restaraunt.

We decided to go here for our anniversary for breakfast as we like the company, atmosphere of the Northwoods and the take the time to chat attitude they bring to the table, or should I say to the business.

Food specials and different options are alway's present from skillet breakfasts, to my favorite, country fried steak and eggs, hashbrowns and real homede wheat style toast. It just does not get any better then this for a fishermans breakfast or an every day breakfast.

You could have something different off the menu for breakfast every day. Like pancakes, they have awesome sized pancakes and can be made with numeorus ideas from cran berrys, blue berries to apples etc.

Lunch wise I have had the gyro and like th previous person stated awesome, awesome, awesome, especially with the cucumber sauce and the wrap, wowo and good.

They also have a variety of burgers chicken and several fish options too.

The neat thing here is they take that lilltle extra time to spend with you as a person and a customer and they always check back on your coffeee, or soft drinks for refills.

Portions: Sizes are great too.

Mom makes this large cinnamon roll and its a meal by itself

Prices, are very affordable and for home style cooking you cannot beat them there,

So no matter if your coming up during the summer or now for Fall colors, plan on chasing that elusive buck during archery or gun seasons, you can bet they will definitely keep your appetite well fed. It sure beats the dfast food stuff and a lot better atmospher and company too.

Ice fisherman can always come in after a cold morning on the lake to refuel and head back out.

Snowmobilers can find them right across form the trail with easy access and soon the bycicylists will also have th trail right across the road.

So next time your in St. Germain, stop in and enjoy the best breakfast and Lunch in the Northwoods, and thats my story and I am sticking to it.

Go enjoy :O)

Snowman

• Visited September 2011
Madison, WI
“Family Run and Family Friendly, and the food was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We happened upon this place for lunch. The waiter (who was also one of the owners, I believe) was fun and friendly. The food was great...my gyro was hot and actually shaved (unlike the previously frozen style you often see at family restaurants). My son's pancake was almost a work of art (thanks to creative whipped cream placement). I liked the vibe of the place; all of the waitstaff was friendly. We'll be back for lunch on future vacations in the northwoods!

• Visited June 2011