“True polish” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Green Valley, Arizona
“True polish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very interesting restaurant. Helpful, friendly service. I had the mini polish plate to sample a variety of polish items. All weer very good and reasonable price.

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Great little Polish family gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We are having a stay-cation due to a canceled trip so have been searching for authentic ethnic food (Polish, German & Italian among our favs).

We were not disappointed! Friendly greeting, friendly server and very good service set the tone for a very good meal. Our server (a young man, sadly we did not get his name) was very informative and knowledgeable. I had a Riesling and Tom a recommended beer. Tom had the Kluski Slaskie (potato dumplings) and I had Pierogi (Polish dumplings)-2 varieties, prepared fried. We had the soup of the day-it was delish but I don't remember what kind it was (we have been eating out a lot on this stay-cation!).

Actually one of the highlights of this visit was the Happy Birthday cakes they brought out to one of the tables. They all sang Happy Birthday and then out comes Papa in his cooks garb and sings them the Polish version. A round of applause for him by all the guests! The crowd was very small but it was a week night (Tuesday), not a traditionally busy restaurant night.

We opted for a dessert, I had the cheesecake and Tom the torte/cream cake. The cheesecake is made there and a family friend is responsible for the torte. We found both very yummy. We enjoyed a cup of coffee along with our dessert. We fully intended to have an after dinner drink but were just stuffed to the gills.

This was a wonderful evening and a great dining experience. We knew we were going to a family restaurant and it exceeded all of our expectations. Families are clearly welcomed, place is clean, food is good, reasonably priced and staff very friendly. We love supporting the local, family owned places and clearly this place is one that is very deserving of that support!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Riverside, California
“Amazing Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I admit being no connoisseur of Polish Cuisine, but had dined at this restaurant many years ago when it was near the Basilica of St Josaphat, and while in town this time needed to have Polish Food to cross off my bucket list. I had the Polish Platter that had two pierogi, a sausage, sauerkraut, and stuffed cabbage roll. My mouth is watering writing this review thinking about how delicious it was. The sauerkraut was not too sour but had that hint of it which was perfect. My only experience with pierogi were frozen ones, and now I KNOW how delicious they can be. The sausage tasted like it had never experienced a freezer. How wonderful and was tender and mouth watering. Cabbage roll was great. I heard a lot of Polish language, or at least think it was? The staff including who I supposed was the owner could not have been more friendly and attentive!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

When we were planning our trip to Milwaukee, we decided we wanted to eat some authentic Polish food. A friend in Milwaukee recommended Polonez and he was right! We very much enjoyed our meal! We got the Polish Sampler and split it. It was still too much food to eat! We were charged $4.00 for splitting which we didn't mind, but it would have been nice for the server to tell us that so it wouldn't have been a surprise when the bill came. The atmosphere was okay and there was even a man playing polka songs on his accordion!

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Polish food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

After going around Lake Michigan we were anxious to get to Polonez, as we have visited twice before, but that was years ago..

I think the food has gone down. I do like their potato salad. It was the same kind served in Poland.

My husband loved the Dill Pickle soup. We took some home for our daughter, she liked it too.

I was disappointed in the Polish sausage. The potato pancakes were browned too much.

I loved the banana crepes and the bigos. they didn't have stuffed cabbage, The dessert selection was sparse, but absolutely loved the cheese cake.

Sorry to say there were not many people in the restaurant at 12:00 on Sunday. We thought maybe after church people would come in, but not many. I don't know if they can maintain the restaurant much longer.

I love Polish food and surely miss my mother's cooking.

• Visited July 2013