I was glad that the hotel allowed us to have a late check in, because we were traveling across the state after a Packers game. Check in went smooth, because no one was in the lobby at 1am. When we got to our room there were tons of bobby pins on the night stand. My wife said the only person that uses that many would be a bride. Since our stay was on Friday, we figured that they had to be there at least a week. We were in room 307, which is the most expensive room and probably doesn't get rented that often. At least the sheets were clean. The breakfast was very disappointing, basically a continental. I am used to the SCI hot breakfast at the Onalaska, WI location. The sky lights made the room really bright very early in the morning. Not good for sleeping in. While enjoying our morning reading and watching TV we noticed that there was an empty lotion bottle by the couch from the previous guests. There was also a tag from a pair of spandex. Since we checked in so late, my wife didn't get to enjoy the whirlpool. We asked for a late check out so she could spend a few minutes in there. They said we could. That is why I gave them 2 stars instead of one. When my wife was in the tub, the ghosts of weddings past rose up again. There were fake eyelashes stuck to the side of the tub. Not appealing. My wife also had to dust around the edge of the tub. The only way this whole hotel thing works and is palatable is that the hotel must be meticulous enough to make it appear that we are the first guest to ever stay in the room. No one wants to stay in a room where other stranger's skin and dandruff has been sloughing off or they were lounging around on the couch naked or where they had a contest to see who could make it the furthest across the room with the remote control between their butt cheeks. If a hotel does not do a great job of erasing any sign of previous guests, the hotel experience is ruined. We will not choose this hotel for our next stay. The room did have a fridge, fireplace,and microwave, but that did not make our stay more enjoyable. This place has won awards from tripadvisor. It would not have for this room. Checkout was extremely slow.......there was a bride checking in............with tons of bobby pins in her hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center is a family and business friendly hotel located just outside of Wausau, WI in the cozy neighborhood of Rothschild. The hotel is located near the Granite Peak Ski Area and has a reputation as one of Wausau’s best hotels. The hotel offers everything that you need for a pleasant stay, including cozy rooms, free breakfast, and Internet access. Our hotel is a unique destination with a "Northwoods" themed decor that is suited for business and pleasure alike. Bring your family along to enjoy our indoor Wilderness Park swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Venere, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn Wausau Hotel Rothschild
- Stoney Creek Hotel Wausau