This is a great hotel. I would recommend it to anybody. We got a Groupon for a discount price. So we took eight people to the hotel for an overnight. (6 adults, 2 children.) There are things to do from age 1 to 100. Check-in was smooth and pain less. Melissa was great on check in and Marry was great on check out. (Marry did remember us from the day before. Even before we said anything! (Very impressed with that.) The water park has a kiddy pool on one side. A playground feel, but with water. 5 water slides. Sizes that fit the appropriate age. 2 of the slides go outside and at night this is AWESOME! Total darkness. The slide they call “Sasquatch” everybody else calls “The Toilet Bowl” (No disrespect!) The lazy river is nice. The only problem is people just leave the river and not take their tube with them. Lots of clutter on the river. If I have to say anything bad about the water park is the lifeguards. Half of the lifeguards are more worried about how they look and talking to friends than watching the people in the water. (Lazy River.)
Now about the rooms. Large rooms for a hotel room. Great beds. I like the idea of using your room key to run the Heat/AC. Saves energy when not in your room. Good thinking. When it was sleepy time, you could not hear anything outside your room. At 8:pm they have story time with “Bernie the Bear” WITH milk and cookies. Stephen, who read the book, put up with a lot. When the cookies and milk where brought out, the rush was on. And they ran out of cookies. At 9:pm they have movie night for the older kids. The breakfast buffet was ok. Nothing outstanding, but filling. Stephen, who was also our server for breakfast, found some extra cookies for our son. Little extra things like that are great. This shows that they will “go a little further” for the guest. I have stayed at a couple of Waterpark/Hotel in Wisconsin, and this ranks on the top. We had an hour and half ride home and the kids sleep all the way. (Also some of the adults.) This is a great place and would drive that again to go here. I will skip the Tundra lodge that is only 20min from our home.
Keep up the good work!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort is a hotel located just outside of downtown Wausau, WI in the cozy neighborhood of Rothschild. The hotel is located near the Granite Peak Ski Area and has a reputation as one of Wausau's best hotels. The hotel offers everything that you need for a pleasant stay, including cozy rooms,food service, and Internet access. Our hotel is a unique destination with a "Northwoods" themed decor that is suited for business and pleasure alike. The Grand Lodge is home to one of Wisconsin's most exciting waterparks - Logger's Landing. This 50,000 square foot fun zone is full of excitement and adventure for the entire family. The Grand Lodge is one of the area's premier hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lodge By Stoney Creek Hotel Rothschild
- Hotel At Cedar Creek
- Lodge At Cedar Creek
- At Cedar Creek Rothschild