You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild to your Saves list
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rothschild
Mineral Point, Wisconsin
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a very nice Holiday Inn. My room was spotlessly clean, updated, and everything worked. The beds was comfortable. A very expansive room service menu. I stayed here after conducting business in the area. I haven't stayed anywhere else in the area, but for the price paid ($70/night), it is an outstanding value and very nice.

Room Tip: The hallways are very long, so if you have mobility issues, ask for a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
heyroth, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are pleased that we made you feel comfortable and welcomed here at the Holiday Inn. Please come and stay with us whenever you get a chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
McHenry, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

If your car breaks down, I hope it is here. We had the best experience its to bad we couldnt stay.
So helpful at the front desk, shuttled us to our rental car. Couldnt have been better.I hope we can stay on a extended weekend. We did not want to leave. Possibly coming back for Octoberfest! Thank you

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
We are so glad we could be of help to you during your time of need. We believe in customer service and are more than willing to lend a helping hand. Please stay with us again when you are in the area.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Spent two nights here for a family wedding. Fantastic bed (pillow top mattress - felt like I was sleeping on a cloud) and pillows. The bathroom was immaculate and has a flatscreen tv mounted on the wall. Nice decor in the rooms. There was a bit of a funny smell in the room (fried food? possibly consumed by guests the day before my arrival?) but I didn't call the front desk who very well may have been able to rectify it. There was also a dark stain on the carpet in front of one of the beds but it looked like housekeeping had tried to get it out right before my arrival. They let me check in early with no hassle whatsoever. Got great service all weekend from the bar and restaurant. A nice location close to the interstate but not ON the interstate so there is no traffic noise whatsoever. There is a grocery store right across the parking lot to stock up on provisions for your stay. The only time I left the hotel was to attend the bridal ceremony at a nearby church, so I can't comment on nearby attractions or sight-seeing. Continental breakfast was average but they had flavored creamer for the coffee so that was a huge plus in my book.

Room Tip: I had a ground-floor room with a sliding patio door, so if I wanted to step out for some fresh air I...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I have shared it with our housekeeping staff. We will continue to strive towards excellence and great customer service.
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The check in staff was very polite and helpful even when I had issues with my company credit card. The hotel is in excellent shape and the room was very clean. The Green Mill restaurant on site was good and the wait person was knowledgable even though she was new. Great location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stay here for business on a regular basis. I choose it because I am a priority club member, and there is a restaurant next door eliminating the need to go anywhere if I get in later. The staff is always friendly upon check-in, and the rooms are consistently clean and comfortable.The value for price paid is the best in the area that I found so far. I do not use the pool so I cannot comment on that amenity. There is a grocery store, liquor store and liquor store near by for whatever you may have forgotten on your travels. Not sure why this hotel is getting negative reviews, as I have never had a bad experience here. When traveling on business or personal, I don't expect much from continental breakfasts, but this one has everything one might want or need.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Fred Smith's Concrete Park Art Environment in Phillips, Wisconsin. It was a perfect landing pad to explore the beautiful nature of the area. The staff was very friendly and the price was excellent. Having come from Chicago, the accommodations felt like they were fancy and about the third of the price for what you get in most big cities. They must have upgraded us to a suite, as it had a microwave, refrigerator, and 3 TV sets, one of which was in the bathroom. It was a quiet room, with very comfortable beds, so it was perfect for us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Arena, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

After reading numerous reviews here on Hotels.com, Yahoo and Google maps, many of them unflattering (I'm guessing that rival hotels were the cause of many of the single-star ratings) but knowing the good luck I've had with Holiday's Inns in the past, I decided to book a room here anyway. Many of the reviews remarked that the hotel was "tired, old and unclean". A lot of other reviews commented on the continental breakfast as being sub-par and the staff as incredibly rude. My experience was quite good, from the front desk staff being very friendly and interactive to my room being impeccably clean and comfortable. I did not find the hotel "tired" or "old", in fact the decor is what I have been seeing in many of the newer Holiday Inns. I only stayed one night, and my room was exactly what I've come to expect from Holiday Inns, the only exception being that the solid curtains were fake, so the only thing blocking the light were the gauzy curtains. I would prefer to have solid curtains that could be drawn completely shut. I did not use the pool, so I cannot comment on that amenity. The Green Mill Restaurant is attached to the hotel and the food there was okay, the drinks pricey and the waitstaff numerous and slow in spite of having few customers on a Tuesday evening. Service improved greatly when I took out a pen and notebook to work (they probably thought I was writing a review on them). The continental breakfast was as expected. It wasn't what you would get at a Holiday Inn Express (full breakfast), but it provided all the things that you'd get for a normal Continental Breakfast. The fruit was fresh and there was a selection of breads and drinks. All in all, my stay was exactly as I expected and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room curtains were for "show" only - bring an eye mask if you have to have absolute dark t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild? Share your experiences!