“Vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge River Falls

Econo Lodge River Falls
You added Econo Lodge River Falls to your Saves list
Econo Lodge River Falls
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1207 Saint Croix Street, I-94 Exit River Falls, River Falls, WI 54022 (Formerly Highland Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in River Falls
“Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Came to River Falls to kayak. Stayed at the Econo Lodge because of the ratings. We were greeted happily by a gentleman at the front desk. Our original room had a funky smell. He was quick to find us a different room. In fact, he let us check out two rooms before we decided. Nice clean rooms and nice employees.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
River Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

One of the front desk employees, Ali, was extremely helpful in getting my group a room when our reservations at another location in town fell through. I highly recommend this hotel. I will stay here when I come to town next time

• Stayed June 2014
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

As a platinum member with Choice hotels I stay a lot at their chain but this was first time at what is called a budget brand. I was blown away by my stay...Check in was late at night and I was waited on by a very friendly guy that was precise on everything..I used CLC for a great rate....I was given a room on the first floor that was nicely decorated and literally the cleanest room I have ever stayed in...with over 100 nights a year in hotels I am pretty stringent on reviews...bed was very comfortable and hotel was about half full and quiet...I will be back and will give Econo Lodge more business in the future...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I enjoyed my time in River Falls. Just wanted to get away from St. Paul. The breakfast was good. Customer service was great. The tv and wifi was good. I had a peaceful stay! I would tell others to stay here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Also, the room was a lot nicer than I expected. Whole place has been recently re-done. New Carpeting. Pool and food area are clean. The name doesn't do it justice. Location is solid - about a mile from UWRF and just off HWY from MN. Will definitely stay again next time in River Falls or even nearby area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I found the Econo Lodge Motel in River Falls to be a most pleasant surprise that more than met our needs.

What impressed us the most, by far, was the staff there! Even my teenaged son was blown away by their courtesy, sincere concern and willingness to help. I cannot say enough about how helpful they were (both the desk staff and the cleaning staff)! When we had questions, we were made to feel that they actually took a personal interest in helping us. No question was unwelcome and no request was too small.

We found the continental breakfast to be wonderful, with an abundance of choices! Our room was clean (and included a refrig and microwave), and even the grounds were spotless.

We absolutely will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Robert_Hughes-GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge River Falls, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We are thrilled that you had an excellent stay. It's a team effort and our great staff understands that and they appreciate being recognized for it, thank you. We look forward to seeing you again and again thank you for your kind comments.
Wautoma, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Very dirty environment - Filthy Carpet, Moldy air condition vents, Dust all over the place including dead bugs in light fixtures, Had new TV's limited channels and quality of picture poor, Internet slow. Refrigerator old and 1st one did not work. Continental breakfast was a joke. The pool area had a pool but was not too inviting for one to want to use and the hot tub was closed off. No complimentary newspaper for the day. The staff was helpful, however to reduce the fee forget it they would not. They had the reservation all messed up as well. The exterior was disgusting on the amount of trash laying around. My stay was the last weekend in June 2012. I would not recommend this place to no one. Not even for my pet. We were on the second floor and friends on the 1st floor and their room was not much better.

Room Tip: Do not book here unless you have no other choice
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Robert_Hughes-GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge River Falls, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Hello valued customer. I sent a couple emails inquiring about your concerns but I didn't hear back from you. I'm greatly concerned that your stay experience seems to have been very poor vs the average experience of our other customers. I hope you can find the time to contact me directly so we can get a little bit better handle on your complaints and resolve the issues you had concerns with.

A few things have already been resolved. The limited channels was due to directv not negotiating their contracts for 7 of our channels before they were up. As far as the hot tub goes this website and our website at choicehotels shows we do not offer a hot tub (the previous owner cut the top off it and planked over it). We've added several new items to our continental breakfast and currently offer, fresh waffles, 3 different kinds of bagels, 2 different kinds of muffins, danishes, hard boiled eggs, two different kinds of juice, two different kinds of cereal, hot oatmeal(w/brown sugar), milk and English muffins. Carpets have been professionally cleaned, A/C units have been modified to drain better and have been cleaned.

All other concerns have been taken care of and again feel free to contact me, I am the only one authorized to give discounts and my goal here is to make sure everyone leaves satisfied.

Been to Econo Lodge River Falls? Share your experiences!