“Took care of me and sent back my phone when I forgot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge River Falls

Econo Lodge River Falls
You added Econo Lodge River Falls to your Saves list
Econo Lodge River Falls
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1207 Saint Croix Street, I-94 Exit River Falls, River Falls, WI 54022 (Formerly Highland Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in River Falls
Milwaukee
“Took care of me and sent back my phone when I forgot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Also, the room was a lot nicer than I expected. Whole place has been recently re-done. New Carpeting. Pool and food area are clean. The name doesn't do it justice. Location is solid - about a mile from UWRF and just off HWY from MN. Will definitely stay again next time in River Falls or even nearby area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I found the Econo Lodge Motel in River Falls to be a most pleasant surprise that more than met our needs.

What impressed us the most, by far, was the staff there! Even my teenaged son was blown away by their courtesy, sincere concern and willingness to help. I cannot say enough about how helpful they were (both the desk staff and the cleaning staff)! When we had questions, we were made to feel that they actually took a personal interest in helping us. No question was unwelcome and no request was too small.

We found the continental breakfast to be wonderful, with an abundance of choices! Our room was clean (and included a refrig and microwave), and even the grounds were spotless.

We absolutely will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Robert_Hughes-GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge River Falls, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We are thrilled that you had an excellent stay. It's a team effort and our great staff understands that and they appreciate being recognized for it, thank you. We look forward to seeing you again and again thank you for your kind comments.
Wautoma, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Very dirty environment - Filthy Carpet, Moldy air condition vents, Dust all over the place including dead bugs in light fixtures, Had new TV's limited channels and quality of picture poor, Internet slow. Refrigerator old and 1st one did not work. Continental breakfast was a joke. The pool area had a pool but was not too inviting for one to want to use and the hot tub was closed off. No complimentary newspaper for the day. The staff was helpful, however to reduce the fee forget it they would not. They had the reservation all messed up as well. The exterior was disgusting on the amount of trash laying around. My stay was the last weekend in June 2012. I would not recommend this place to no one. Not even for my pet. We were on the second floor and friends on the 1st floor and their room was not much better.

Room Tip: Do not book here unless you have no other choice
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Robert_Hughes-GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge River Falls, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Hello valued customer. I sent a couple emails inquiring about your concerns but I didn't hear back from you. I'm greatly concerned that your stay experience seems to have been very poor vs the average experience of our other customers. I hope you can find the time to contact me directly so we can get a little bit better handle on your complaints and resolve the issues you had concerns with.

A few things have already been resolved. The limited channels was due to directv not negotiating their contracts for 7 of our channels before they were up. As far as the hot tub goes this website and our website at choicehotels shows we do not offer a hot tub (the previous owner cut the top off it and planked over it). We've added several new items to our continental breakfast and currently offer, fresh waffles, 3 different kinds of bagels, 2 different kinds of muffins, danishes, hard boiled eggs, two different kinds of juice, two different kinds of cereal, hot oatmeal(w/brown sugar), milk and English muffins. Carpets have been professionally cleaned, A/C units have been modified to drain better and have been cleaned.

All other concerns have been taken care of and again feel free to contact me, I am the only one authorized to give discounts and my goal here is to make sure everyone leaves satisfied.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This place is very clean and nice. Other reviews say it was under different names before and might not have been as nice. You wouldn't know that today. Not only was the front desk staff accommodating, but they went out of their way for me when I had to check out at 8:00 pm on my second night because of a personal matter that came up in unexpectantly. They didn't even charge me for the room that second night.
Who ever is running this place now knows what they are doing. I have to return to River Falls every 6 months or so and I will be staying there for sure!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We try our best to accommodate our guests and look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thanks for the great feedback.
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place has recently changed hands from the Highland Inn to an Econo Lodge. With maybe one exception the the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We were looking for an economical place to stay for the week and there are not a lot of options in River Falls.

The room was very clean when we arrived and kept clean everyday with fresh towels when needed. The beds were very comfortable. The room had been slightly abused by previous guests. The air conditioner worked fine but it looked like somebody had ripped the plastic piece used to direct the airflow in the room right out of the unit. The chain security latch was bent out of shape. And a few minor things like that.

Didn't use the indoor pool but others were using it and it looked properly maintained. Breakfast is nothing to write home about but for the price of the room you can't expect a home cooked omelet.

I think over time the cosmetic stuff will be improved and the place will get even better. We would stay there again

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms at the end of the hall. The smokers like to use the area outside that door for smoki...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
It was good chatting with you to discuss the concerns you had. Previous owners let the place get pretty run down but the new owners have put a lot of money into the new place. Since you've been here we got all new carpet and furniture. We plug away at the things you mentioned and hope to have everything perfect in the near future. Again thank you for responding to my tripadvisor mail and have a wonderful day!
Wooster, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Staff was friendly at checkin. Room was clean. Nice pool, although I did not use it. The only thing wrong with the room was the carpet was torn, looked like it had two beds at one time and was replaced with a king and maybe tore the carpet? not sure. Breakfast was pretty sparse with not much selection. Otherwise good hotel with a decent price. I would stay here again with my family and have no qualms about it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your great review Jason. We very much appreciate the feedback. Since you have stayed I have added a military discount and look forward to seeing you again. Have a great day!
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was my first time to River Falls and I am glad I chose the Econo Lodge to stay at. The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful. Only complaint is that there was no Military discount. The location of this hotel is very convenient. The room, the bathroom, and the lobby was very clean and inviting. I will definitely stay here again. Great job!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert_Hughes-GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge River Falls, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thanks for your great review. We very much appreciate the feedback. Since you have stayed I have added a military discount and look forward to seeing you again. Have a great day!

Been to Econo Lodge River Falls? Share your experiences!