“Not impressed!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Richland Center
Lindstrom
“Not impressed!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Although the outside of the building was old and tired, I could deal with that. But the room had a smell to it, the air conditioner had a controller on it, the under ware I washed never dried, there was only one little itty bitty bar of soap in bathroom, no shampoo, no conditioner, not nothing else. the bed was so hard it hurt. The TV was tiny and way up on the wall so you had to lay flat to watch. The bedspreads needed a good washing. Oh! there was one chair so only one person could sit at the table. The pool, was drained dry and looks like it had never been filled. My My, will never go back and would not recommend it to anyone. Oh, forgot that there was no ice machine, you had to go ask owners and they ice cubes out of their refrigerator.

Room Tip: don't stop
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MHDistribution, Online Reputation Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear James Y,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We would have been happy to address your concerns at the hotel if we had known about your displeasure with the facilities. Our pool has been shut down permanently for a while which is why we don’t advertise a pool at the motel and why you didn’t see it available why you were here. We also like to keep the ice in the office so we have a chance to interact with our guests during their stay and give them the chance to let us know if they need anything during their stay.

We would hope that you would contact the front desk if you are not happy with your future accommodations. Again, we would have been happy to work with you to find a room that was better suited to your needs if we had known about your displeasure.

We wish you safe travels in your future adventures.

Starlite Motel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The starlite motel is the place to stay in richland center. Just like the sign says they do have the best rates in town. I shopped around and found out quick. It may not be the newest, however it certainly isn't the oldest. They have nice clean and quiet accommodations. What we liked the the most is how friendly they treated us! Not to mention I liked the wifi and she liked the cable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jim_Cee2013,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help you during your visit. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!

We wish you safe travels in your future adventures.

Starlite Motel Management
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The motel was clean. The people seemed nice. The price was right. The rooms were very small. The shower didn't seem to work right. Had to tie it up with a towel to keep the shower on. No outlets in the bathroom for a hair dryer or curling iron. Don't think we will be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
paulwisconsin, Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We are sorry for any inconvenience but there is a outlet in the bathroom for hair dryer and curling iron and also we checked a shower it's working great no complain and the price was$54.00 on busy weekend of Saturday night queen size room standard size seems a good things.and if you not satisfied you are always welcome to change a room. We did a best service to your group.
Brooklyn Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

While the exterior of this motel looks old and tired, the rooms are very clean and well maintained. We stayed one night while traveling through the area on our motorcycle. We enjoy staying in motels where we can park right outside the door. Being on a busy highway, I was concerned about noise, but our stay was quiet and restful. The mattress was very comfortable. The bathroom was "vintage", but clean and serviceable. A nice motel run by nice people.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MHDistribution, Online Reputation Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to meet your needs during your stay. Many of our guests like the ability to park in front of their room and the security that can provide. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!

Safe Travels!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is an older motel. The owners are very nice people and are very willing to accomadate. This motel is a no frills drive up motel perfect for bikers who want to be able to stay near their bikes. If you plan to go to Vetesnik Sports and plan to stay overnight head back to Richland center and stay here. Prices are great too. They do not have a restaurant here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Many of our guests like the ability to park in front of their room and the security that provides. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!

Safe Travels!
Sterling, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I can't say enough about the Starlite motel. The owners are very welcoming and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Not only did the owners treat us like family the owner went out of his way to retrieve my coat from an nearby restaurant that was giving me the run-around about sending me the coat. The restaurant was closed the next morning when I realized I had left it the night before when I was packing to leave. I called them about 8 times and repeatedly was told to call back to speak to the owner and no one would send it C.O.D. I didn't know what to do since this coat was expensive, I call the Starlite owner Gary and asked him if he could help me. Without hesitation he went and got my coat and sent it. He even called me to know when I would receive delivery. We will defiantly return to the Starlite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you our way!
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Called a few weeks in advance to book a room, was quoted $62.00 + tax asked if they gave a military discount and was told yes. I held it with a credit card & told him I would pay in cash when checking in. Told him there were 2 people & we wanted two beds, he asked if queen beds were okay I said great. We got there and now the price was $69.00 + tax asked why the jump in price & was told prices change all the time. I reminded him of the price quote to which he said these are our prices. He grudgingly gave us a discount of $15.99. I was pulling a 12 foot enclosed trailer & asked if I could drive around the building as the parking lot was so narrow. I was told yes. After checking into the room we proceded to go set up for our craft show. I drove around the building with no problem. When we got back a few hours later I went to put the trailer where he told me and noticed a large round planter was pushed away from the building and almost in the way, I couldn't move it so I SLOWLY drove around the planter I barley grazed it & it shattered to pieces. He came out hollering and stomping, I told him I was sorry & would pay for it. Later that night we went for ice and asked him how much the planter woukd cost & were told it was very old & already have a new one in the shed. He said don't worry I won't charge your credit card for this. Sunday morning we are hooking up the trailer to leave & he came out yelling you have to sign paper first. We finished hooking up the trailer & went in to the office. He told me the planter cost $15.99 + tax I asked to see the reciept and he would not produce one. I said no reciept no pay, you upcharged us & did not give us a room with queen size beds. So I think we are even. He got real mad and sputtered something like you pay now I responded by saying BS. His response was "I will Kick your [--]" I turned & left with him yelling I will charge your credit card you will be sorry! Hospitality at its finest....NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
paulwisconsin, Manager at Starlite Motel Richland Center, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
this customer was stayed here in may 2013 and she called a few weeks before she was asking a price for double beds and price was 69.99 plus tax for 2 people and this price we have online too. she was agree and she made a reservation for 2 people for double beds also we don't have any weekend discount, when she ckeck in there were 3 people and she was asking for discount she said she have a military discount we told her on phone when she made a reservation we don't have a weekend discount but we still give her a discount when she ckeck in. also she gave me a credit card information to hold a room, before 48 hours of reservation we try to charge her card but card was invalid but we still hold the room for her. so when she check in she just paid for 2 people when I asked her to pay for 3rd person she said she don't have a money, then I asked her for valid credit card information for security purposes but she said she don't have a credit card then she gave us her friends credit card and it was invalid too.finally she paid cash for room rent for 2 people only not for 3rd person.after she had a long trailor on back of her truck so we gave her room on front side and we asked her not to drive truck with trailor on back side because we have a short room on back side she said ok, then she unload the stuff in room and she drive all around back side first time was ok but then she came back after several hours and she drive again back side with trailor and she damaged a big flower pot , she broked a pot so I came out and told her why she drive on back side she said you didn't told me to drive on back side after I asked her to pay damaged cost but she said she don't have a money and valid credit card so she stayed two days in rooms with 3 people and after that when she was check out we told her to pay damage cost and 3rd person rent so she gets angry and she was using a bad languages but I didn't said anything and I let her go and after she left we checked a room was very dirty and messy she did.

Been to Starlite Motel Richland Center? Share your experiences!