“The best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rice Lake
Rice Lake, United States
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The breakfast was great, and on Monday through Friday they cook you up an egg omelet...that's great. The whole hotel "smells" great. Whatever they pump into the vents goes throughout the whole hotel. How refreshing! The service was great the room was very clean. They have a very caring staff...always ready to help! Greatly satisfied...would go back again if I ever come to this area!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this hotel before. The breakfast during the week was very good - I had a sausage and cheese omelet. There were only 2 negatives. First, the hotel used to have a pool but that has been removed. Second, their cable TV does not have the NFL Network.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Does not get any better in Northern Wisconsin. The Ownership of this property has been in business for many years and they know what they are doing. They are personable and friendly and willing and able to help. You can not go wrong here. Clean pleasant this hotel is always a great place to stop.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Rice Lake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I never bother writing reviews but everyone at this hotel went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. The breakfast was made to order and great! No pool but the hot tub was nice. Will stay there again if I get the chance.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service and the people working there were the best, I have had in a hotel in the last 2 years. The breakfast was made from scratch in front of me and had the choice of eggs. The hotel was on the main street and located in a great area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

De Soto, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

We were passing thru Rice Lake and decided to stay for the nite. It was around 4:00 p.m. and were looking for a hotel and restaurant. We noticed a supper club with the Best Western right next door. We went in to see if they had any rooms available. What a pleasant surprise, we were greeted by a very friendly and courteous woman who helped us get our room and a delightful gentleman who got us bottles of water for our stay. Room rates were very reasonable. Hotel lobby was tidy and clean. Room was VERY nice. Comfortable king bed and pillows, clean bathroom, large TV, soft towels and QUIET. We went to get ice and the friendly gentlemen who helped us check in, met us at the bottom of the stairs and offered to get the ice for us. Sure don't find that service at every hotel!! We asked about the restaurant next door to the hotel and were given information what they served, how late they were open, etc. The nice couple at check-in mentioned that there was a class reunion at the restaurant and to call first to see if they were taking any reservations. Very helpful advice. Continental breakfast was good. The young lady helping in the breakfast area was very helpful and pleasant. Not a huge amount to choose from for breakfast, but everything there was fresh and was kept well stocked. They offered juice, coffee, different breads (wonderul cinnamon bread), muffins, delicious looking donuts, fresh fruit, and bacon, egg, sausage biscuits that you put in the microwave. We got filled up!! Breakfast area was pleasantly decorated, clean and roomy. Check out was a breeze. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to ANYONE traveling to or thru Rice Lake. I guess our selling point was the cleanliness of the hotel, easy access to, and most importantly, the couple that checked us in. Thank you for making our stay in Rice Lake so pleasant. We will return again. Your hotel deserves 4 stars!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

I stay in town every 3-4 months but this is the first time at the Best Western. Price was great and the welcoming committee was beyond enthusiastic and friendly! They even gave me a a nice cold water when I checked in which was kind. The room as well as the hotel is very nice and clean. There wasn't a refrigerator or microwave which was a bit of bummer when I came back from the restaurant with leftovers but not a big deal. The bed was conformable but I would suggest that they have both down pillows and firm pillows as so many hotels are doing now. Bathroom was large and roomy with very soft and fluffy towels.

What a surprise on the breakfast! I was warmly greeted by Heather and asked if I would like scrambled eggs or an omelet made for breakfast. I said yes, of course, and received a fantastic special order of eggs. Selection of other items are fresh breads and bakery items, Tazo teas, yogurt, a huge variety of cereals, sausage, orange juice etc. Very impressive and unexpected.

I would definitely stay here again but next time on the 2nd floor! :-)

Room Tip: I was in room 121 this time which is right next to the stairs. My suggestion would be to stay upsta...