“Big reason for coming to Rice Lake” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Rice Lake
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Norwegian
Chicago, Illinois
“Big reason for coming to Rice Lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Specifically came to eat here. My husband's and my breakfast were more than ample and were delicious. Waitress was very friendly and kept the coffee coming. Stopped by the bakery and took s pie back to Chicago. The pie tastes just like homemade. Wish there was a Norske Nook around Chicago.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tennessee
“Gotta get PIE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I read about this place in a magazine so when I actually saw one while we were travelling we were excited to try it out. It was very crowded but they handled it well and the wait time was very short. We just got pie and coffee but OMG when they brought my award winning sour cream raisin meringue it was massive. I took most of it with me to eat later. It was delicious and so was the cherry pie. I strongly suggest stopping in strictly for the pie experience!! I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Can you say PIE? :)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Tasty Breakfast! Gluten-Free Options!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I stopped in here on a recent trip up north for a late breakfast. The menu had a number of basic breakfast items on it, but they were perfectly prepared. Great food, excellent pies and jams, and a number of gluten-free options. Our server was very friendly too!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Troy, Illinois
“Excellent meal and dessert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I ate at the Norske Nook in Rice Lake, WI. My wrap with mashed potatoes and roast beef inside was different and really delicious. Very filling but I still had to try a piece of pie. I ordered the chocolate mint and tasted the apple crumb of my friend. Both were very good. I would definitely eat here again when in the area. The servers were prepared for our group of 42 and were friendly and helpful.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wisconsin
“Always a great place for breakfast lunch or dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Norwegian food at it's best. Potato pancakes are delicious. Great pies and bakery items! Good value with large portions! Service is often slow! Servers seem to have large table assignments.Try a Wisconsin Ruben sandwich....corn beef swiss cheese and sour kraut on cranberry wild rice bread! Outstanding!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere