“Worn” 2 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Rice Lake to your Saves list
Super 8 Rice Lake
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 South Main, Rice Lake, WI 54868   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rice Lake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
PULLMAN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was in town on business. Didn't arrive until late but hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff was very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Quezon City, Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

For work, I travel a lot, and whenever there is a Super 8 around where I'm working, then I will stay in a Super 8. I have stayed in a dozen different Super 8's, and overall I enjoy them. I think they are a great value, and the free high speed internet access, and breakfast is generally acceptable.

BUT, this is by far the worst Super 8 I have ever stayed in. I have stayed here on 3 separate occasions, each time for at least two nights, and almost always in different rooms each time (work requires that I check in and out every single day). The amount of time that it has taken the desk staff to get me a room (without a reservation) has ranged from 5 minutes to 15 minutes, depending on the person behind the desk.

On one occasion, my sheets were dirty. Not a little dirty, but actually there was dirt covering them. They had not been changed after the person had stayed there the previous night, and there was garbage throughout the room. When I went down to the front desk to say something, they gave me new sheets to put on myself, with no offer to discount on my bill or move me to a new room. Even when the rooms aren't dirty, they are very plain. Some Super 8's will supply conditioner (and one even supplied mouth wash), but this one provides only shampoo and soap.

The breakfast is terribly lacking in choice. The healthiest thing they have available is milk and cereal. They don't even offer fruit. It's just cereal and bread/pastries. They have a sign asking you not to fill your thermos, and I even had the guy behind the desk tell me not to fill my thermos up all the way. How cheap does a hotel need to be that they are skimping on breakfast coffee?

Overall, I will stay there again when I'm in the area, but don't expect the same amenities that you get at many other Super 8's. This one is cheaply managed to maximize every dollar for the franchise owner, at the expense of the customer's experience. I normally think that's a good thing, and respect business owners' attempts to minimize costs, but this one goes a little too far.

Room Tip: The King rooms seem to have refrigerators, if that is something you want.

Travelers are raving about these Rice Lake hotels

La Crosse, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We recently stayed at the Super 8 in Rice Lake, WI. The rate was cheap enough. But the hotel was just "a place to stay". It wasn't dirty or smelly but it was just "a place to stay". It really needs some updating. One thing I DEFINITELY stayed away from was using the shower, of which I've included a picture. The shower head was disgusting and I doubt it's ever been clean; which makes me wonder what ELSE is being neglected. Ick.

Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I am staying in Rice Lake for 1 week, highly recommend Super 8, clean, comfortable, quiet, great service, friendly staff and can't beat the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We didn't find an elevator, they don't have connecting rooms but the rooms were as advertised and clean. Small continental breakfast area but the light breakfast was replenished and we were good to go. The atmosphere was a bit untrusting when they made sure they had the vehicle plate number, no fast check out and room keys had to be returned to the front desk. The front desk and breakfast area were isolated from the front door to increase their security and guest control. I am OK with all of that but it just took me by surprise. All in all, we had a comfortable stay, the price was the best in the area and the only rooms available in the area, high tourist season in the summer.

Room Tip: No pool, second floor does not have elevator access. A lot of fishermen and women hit the breakfast...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Rice Lake? Share your experiences!